A bunch of OREMO questions

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Okay so uh, first question: For some reason I can't run oremo on english. it gives me this error.

upload_2017-3-26_15-12-40.png

note that i have the most recent version downloaded. (it does work however when i switch the locale to japanese for some reason. if it helps, i run windows 10)

second: when i record, even with the audio i/o settings changed to make use of the mic i have, any recording i do turns into this demonic low growling voice. and it switches back to device mapper.

any idea what i should do?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Try downloading the new version via https://osdn.net/downloads/users/11/11725/oremo-english-3.0-b170312.zip/

Also any recording problems can be caused by other applications using your audio device. Make sure that you have other application such as Audacity, Reaper, FL Studio, and so forth close and also make sure that you are not in an active Skype call.

When you download Oremo you may need to right click oremo.exe, open the properties, and unblock it.

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Try downloading the new version via https://osdn.net/downloads/users/11/11725/oremo-english-3.0-b170312.zip/

Also any recording problems can be caused by other applications using your audio device. Make sure that you have other application such as Audacity, Reaper, FL Studio, and so forth close and also make sure that you are not in an active Skype call.

When you download Oremo you may need to right click oremo.exe, open the properties, and unblock it.

how do you unblock it? i don't see any option such as that in the properties

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If there is no option then it isn't blocked. It'll show up at the bottom of general if there was.

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If there is no option then it isn't blocked. It'll show up at the bottom of general if there was.

i see.

i tried recording without the other applications on (except for oremo), and it still is doing that thing :/

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, here is a quick fix you can try that will make Oremo use Portaudio instead of it's default. The only downside to this is that you loose the live waveform whilst recording but that's extremely minor.
ESUaFQG.gif

The gif can take a moment to load. I also recorded this on a 4k monitor so it might end up being massive.

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Okay, here is a quick fix you can try that will make Oremo use Portaudio instead of it's default. The only downside to this is that you loose the live waveform whilst recording but that's extremely minor.
ESUaFQG.gif

The gif can take a moment to load. I also recorded this on a 4k monitor so it might end up being massive.

It um... it sounds like this. (this has what it's been sounding like for a while now)