Adding a new pitch recorded in a different number of mora and BPM?

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I'm planning to record a new pitch with a high number of mora (is that how you phrase it properly?) and with lower BPM. Would doing something like that drastically affect the consistency of the voicebank or not? Or how about a higher number of mora but keeping the BPM the same?

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
The number of mora shouldn't affect the consistency since each is separated into a small chunk anyways, but the tempo change almost certainly will, especially if it's more than, say, 10 BPM.

wobinbug

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'm no expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt :wink:

Changing the mora shouldn't affect things at all, in fact I'm pretty sure Shione Lt. has some vbs where the higher, more powerful sounds are recorded with a lower mora, but don't quote me on that, I can't check she's the one I'm thinking of rn XD

Changing the tempo, however, will likely have an effect on the vb, as it will effect the duration of transitions, so some notes may sound off compared to the rest. For example, at a lower tempo you may hold an 's' sound for longer than at a higher tempo. Granted, UTAU has a lot of flexibility with consonant velocity and such, but it's probably best to record at the same tempo throughout, unless you're experimenting with some kind of effect you're going for.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to record at a different tempo? :smile: