After loading a UST, Ruko made no sound

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Hi, I downloaded UTAU and Ruko and a while ago and took the necessary steps to install Ruko to UTAU. I've downloaded PandaLolii's Glide UST and loaded it into UTAU with Ruko and everything works fine until I press play. She just doesn't make any sound. Her sound sample works fine, just not the actual song. I'm not sure if the UST is romaji or hiragana or if that even matters or not. I'm also unsure of which voice bank of Ruko's I downloaded. I just downloaded the one that I thought was the most recent. So if someone could help me I'd really appreciate it :bigtears: Sorry if this thread has been made before. I checked the search bar but couldn't find anything similar. Please help? :love:

BaseNumbers

Momo's Minion
Bezz said:
I'm not sure if the UST is romaji or hiragana or if that even matters or not.

Romaji is the pronunciation of Japanese in English letters.
The Japanese script Hiragana looks something like this: あ え い お う わ た し は つ ね み く う た う

Japanese voicebanks like Kasane Teto use Hiragana, so if the UST is romaji you may need to use a converter.

Now if the UST looks nothing like Romaji or Hiragana and more like this:
6WCW9IK.png

Then ooh you did everything WRONG (Just kidding, but you did something wrong)

Read here:
http://utaforum.net/thread-faqs-about-japanese-locale
In short, you need to change your computer locale to Japanese.

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Oh it's in romaji. I know the difference between romaji and hiragana as well. My locale is in Japanese and I can see now that the UST is in romaji. Sorry I wasn't very clear about that. ^^; And I guess I just wasn't paying attention to the UST when I posted this. I do that a lot. :bigtears: So I just tried substituting the romaji lyrics with katakana, but the lyric just kind of disappeared. It's still there, but there's nothing in the block. So I guess now this is a whole different problem. I looked under the voice bank settings and it said that it's aliased in "あ_A4" could this have something to do with it? Sorry for typing such long replies. I'm just trying to give you as much information that would help you find the problem as possible. ;A;

BaseNumbers

Momo's Minion
That's not a long reply at all, thank you.

Multipitch banks are banks where the syllables are recorded in different pitches. A4 in "あ_A4" stands for the note on the piano roll where it's recorded. For example, Namine Ritsu Kire is recorded at notes A3, D4, G4, & C5.

And did you try to substitute the lyrics like this?
UZOxAxE.png

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Yeah, I tried that. But nothing happened that way. I clicked substitute lyric and the lyric in the typing box thingamabob disappeared, but it remained unchanged down on the scale. I also tried by right clicking the lyric and clicking properties and changing the lyric there. That's when it sort of just stopped being there. I'm not sure what happened. I'm so confused. *faints*

Bezz

Momo's Minion
But it is. I made sure to change it before I downloaded UTAU.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.6 KB · Views: 19

Bezz

Momo's Minion
But that's what I did. It restarted and all that stuff.

Attachments

• Region Settings.PNG
    Region Settings.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 5

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Meaning click the lyric so it changes to a pinkish purple instead of light blue? Yes.

BaseNumbers

Momo's Minion
Sorry for dragging the locale issue on, but I want to make sure it's clear.

Did you change your locale before or after you installed UTAU?
If it's after, you need to uninstall UTAU, delete the old installation files and download a fresh new one. You may need to also redownload the voicebank & UST if neccessary.

Also, make sure UTAU even works by starting a new project (with default voicebank) and draw notes with the pencil tool and hit play to see if she says あ。

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Yeah I changed my locale before. And after starting a new project she does work. She can sing あ

............So I think I just found my problem........ I pressed enter after typing in the lyric..... Now it works..... Oh my god I'm so embarrassed I'm so sorry to waste your time on something so stupidly simple :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

BaseNumbers

Momo's Minion
Wait... were you trying to edit in the lyrics one by one?

I thought you were typing in lyric box, selecting the notes, then press "substitute lyrics", like my other image.

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Wait, you don't have to do it one by one? :blink: Wow, that's neat!

Oh, and one last thing, since my issue is pretty much resolved (thanks for bearing with me btw! :bigtears:). Which of Ruko's voicebanks is "欲音ルコ♀連単統合版3.02+2.00" Is it multipitch? Singing VCV? I just kind of went to her website and downloaded the first one I saw that looked the most recent.

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Ohh okay, so how do I tell which is currently singing? Is there a way for me to change that?

Bezz

Momo's Minion
Change the prefixes where exactly? Sorry I'm not sure of where you're talking about. ^^;

BaseNumbers

Momo's Minion
Little language lesson: prefix comes before and suffix comes after :wink:
Prefixes are usually for VCV (like - う u た a う) and suffixes are usually for multipitches or different voices.

You can either Shift-RightClick the individual note to bring up a list or highlight the notes you want and use the SuffixBroker under Tools->Built-in Tools.
You may need to type in the character you want, copy-paste may not work (At least for me it doesn't) With Microsoft IME, type in the syllables and press space to shift through the list of kanji. Once that's done, press OK and the highlighted notes will have that suffix.