ALYS

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I only started to get curious about her today.

ALYS will be a bilingual (French and Japanese) Vocaloid 3. Currently, there's no set release date.

Her design was chosen through a contest. Her design was made by Saphirya.

ALYS_Original2.png

These are acapellas of ALYS's voice provider, Poucet(meaning it's not the Vocaloid singing but rather the voicer):

"Koibito wo Uchiotoshita Hi (Acapella)" ft. ALYS' Voice Provider - Japanese

"kyrie eleison French version (Acapella)" ft. ALYS' Voice Provider - French

Opinions on how she will sound like as a Vocaloid?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I had to research this a little, as the image doesn't look super professional, but huh, it's legit. I'm really behind on the Vocaloid times.

The image looks very static and blocky, I know that the company isn't major but I hope that the art looks better once it's revealed.

I'm honestly a little sad she isn't an UTAU. :'D Poucet has a great voice that would work well for multipitch, and VOCALOID just doesn't do that. She's going to lose her strength, I swear. At best she'll be at Lily strength I hope. Her voice has good potential though, and her French is very frank rather than heavily accented, so it should hopefully go into the program as well as Spanish does.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
shinami said:
I had to research this a little, as the image doesn't look super professional, but huh, it's legit. I'm really behind on the Vocaloid times.

The image looks very static and blocky, I know that the company isn't major but I hope that the art looks better once it's revealed.

I'm honestly a little sad she isn't an UTAU. :'D Poucet has a great voice that would work well for multipitch, and VOCALOID just doesn't do that. She's going to lose her strength, I swear. At best she'll be at Lily strength I hope. Her voice has good potential though, and her French is very frank rather than heavily accented, so it should hopefully go into the program as well as Spanish does.

Vocaloid does have multi-pitch but I see what you mean by the style of how Vocaloid companies record their pitches.

Funfact: Some fans were fooled by a fanmade design based off the silhoutte know as Mooloid.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh, phew, the design actually looks great! I really like it, very well shaded and the outfit is interesting.

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
She won't lose her strength, there are strong vocaloids which are, really strong.

imo CUL, KANON, Miku Solid, Meiko Power are all really powerful. Especially 1'st, 2nd and 3rd.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Maybe our personal definitions of powerful/strong are different. I think about it in a very nasal tone sense.

In my opinion, CUL is not strong at all. KANON is the closest I'd say of all the V3 soundalike females to being strong. Truly strong vocals in my opinion are Miki, Lily, Meiko V1 (Power is pretty good too but just lacks the punch V1 had), Miku Solid as mentioned, Kaito V1, Iroha, and Rin/Len. On the Japanese side of course.

I think it's just a consequence of the V3 engine and how voicebanks are now made. Extremely few V3 voicebanks have struck me as strong, aside from the Spanish ones and SeeU to an extent. They focus much more on crisp consonants and having a lighter tone, which while it can be more conductive to having a more "realistic" voice, it takes out the power. With remakes Gumi was even airier in V2 so V3 wasn't too different, Gakupo sounds a bit younger, Kaito is honestly not Kaito anymore and instead a brother, Lily was just a remaster, and though Meiko comes so so SO close it just isn't the same. Miku is a mixed bag because we don't have her powerful voices really.

That's my main concern, and it's a concern I have with every single V3 announced, and it's always right.

Then again I'm mostly in UTAU. I'm shaped by this community and what is popular and viewed as excellent in it. And no matter how strong a Vocaloid is it could never hold a candle to the powerful voices of some UTAUs.

Lightzaver

Teto's Territory
I have to agree but CUL is the definition of power for me, then KANON then the rest. I see Iroha, Len/Rin & Miku's Power/Solid appends as loud, same with Kaito.

I think that Kaito and Meiko have ended up sounding so different because Crypton have done so on purpose, as in my opinion, a vocaloid shouldn't sound younger if the voicer is getting older.

I'm hoping however that Poucet does turnout to be a strong VOCALOID.