Any other ways to use UTAUloids?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Reson_Lore, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    I've been using shareware UTAU for a long time, and I'm getting kind of sick of there being no updates.

Here's a list of programs/sites I have tried and the reasons why they didn't work for me:

I loved using NIAONiao, it made tuning so much easier with it's auto tuning option. However, my lack of knowledge of Chinese (though I know a little) meant I couldn't use many of the features, the voicebank creation was a nightmare and using UTAU at the same time as NIAONiao was awful because NIAONiao requires Chinese locale.

I just could not, for the life of me, get it to work. May try again at some point, but it just did not work.

Didn't work well on my computer, unfortunately.

Wouldn't load

Kept crashing, which is understanable, comsidering it's in beta.

I've been trying to download it for the past hour and Chrome keeps crashing. Gonna try it on Edge.

Gonna count it cause you can use it for USTs. I love Synth V, but I'm going to wait until more voicebanks are available.

Kept crashing - my computer hates a lot of programs, it seems!

Of that list, the ones I'll consider trying again are NIAONiao (if it ever gets an English translation), Cadencii (because I have a new computer now), MelodiaSynth (it didn't get a proper chance), FVSS (now that it's being worked on again), UTSU (if it downloads) and Synthesizer V (when there's another update)

I know that's a lot of programs, but are there any hidden gems that I've missed?

3. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    That's something we've kind of had to live with for the past five years. But the software itself is still perfectly functional, and can still do good results, so why decide that it's trash and try to jump ship?
    I was hoping that this would be a list of various pros/cons and critiques of how the software fits in your workflow, but it's mostly "it didn't work on my own computer". Unhelpful for people who want to know what using each of them is actually like, but I'll still wish you luck with getting things to work in the future.
    Looks like you don't have Sinsy or Alter/Ego! Give those a go.
    http://www.sinsy.jp/
    https://www.plogue.com/products/alter-ego.html
    I especially like Alter/Ego, since it fits right into a music production workflow. You don't have to switch to another window and start up a completely separate piece of software just to add a bit of synth vocals to an existing track. It's also a lot easier to experiment around with and do live performances. Maybe a turnoff to the vocalsynth community since we're so used to having our precious synths as their own standalone powerhouses (and because not a lot of people here focus on producing original music) but Alter/Ego is definitely a lot of fun.

4. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    I've tried Alter/Ego but didn't count it because I used Daisy, which has since been discontinued and there's no point in mentioning it. I will give Sinsy a go.

The main reason why I find it hard to use the UTAU editor now is because I have an eye condition called Nystagmus, which means my eyes physically cannot focus. It is really difficult for me to work with black on white because I can't focus on it. I have used UTAUColours, which helped, but since using it, UTAU has been a lot more temperamental.

I'm only looking for something that allows me to use UTAU voicebanks more easily and gives me more options to work with my disabilities.

I did start using Cadencii since posting this thread, and though it is taking a while to get used to, it gives me more font functionality and is a lot more stable than UTAU has been recently.

5. Halo

Halo Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA Administrator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    When UTSU is more stable, I think that'll be what you're most likely to find yourself using for existing UTAUloids. It comes bundled with a more stable color scheme editor iirc. Additionally, now that the Japanese editor has been announced (?) you could always try out Sharpkey.

6. Reson_Lore

Reson_Lore Lord Of Edge

Trophy Points
    Unfortunately, with UTSU, my computer is 32bit and it won't run.
    As for Sharpkey, I'm definitely going to try it.

partial likes this.