Anyone have Synesthesia?

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
To start off with the topic, I should probably give Synesthesia a definition first.
Synesthesia - is a neurological phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. People who report a lifelong history of such experiences are known as synesthetes.
-Wikipedia\

According to the Wiki site, people with Synesthesia usually experience a mix of their senses. The most common is Grapheme - Color Synesthesia. It's where the letters/numbers the person sees have some additional feature, depending if the person is Projective (Seeing stuff like a screen) or Associative (Example: You see a ball, the color "Blue" popped in your mind.)

I can't really answer a vague question, so I'll leave it at that. (unless it is necessary to edit)

Well, I couldn't tell if I had Synesthesia, but I'm just looking here in the forum if someone has it (or confirmed that they have it). (And please give us a brief description if you had one.)

Last edited:

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
Tasting colors, Seeing sounds, Smelling shapes... Those kind of stuffs.

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Hey! I have this! I made a thread about it on VO.
It's mostly associating colours with things that don't have colours, but I can see voices. I've seen so many colourful voices.

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
it is kind of a rare ability if i look at it.
i don't think that i am one, but at times i think i 'feel' what people are really feeling/thinking.
(face to face, but over the screen i somehow can interpret people's emotions from their typed words. Though, that is kind of a mental thing, i guess)
but then, I must repeat that I don't think I am one unless it's been confirmed by irrefutable evidence.

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Last year, a girl named Olivia tried asking me things like,"What does this person's voice look like? What does my voice look like?" I was just like,"LEAVE ME ALONE!"
I guess she was kind of abusing my ability to see voices, but I learned what other colours meant.

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
ah oh well...I wanted to ask what color Sass and Sarcasm is...xD
sass has a mix of hot and cold aura. sarcasm, is a bit on the pain and lightness (that bad kind of good feeling, if that makes sense)
the colors might depend on the person who can percieve tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: RenzoA

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Hmmm... I only know some celebrities who have that (I don't have it)
But it sounds pretty interesting in my opinion.
[doublepost=1485320934][/doublepost]I thought this thread was about Synthesia the midi file player lololol

Reactions: Jeffrey and RenzoA

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
.... this is in the Chit-Chat subforum, right? then going off-topic would be kind of acceptable? i guess?

Reactions: Piia