Are you different online?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by keopi, Mar 9, 2016.

1. keopi

keopi Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Some people act differently online while others stay the same. Sometimes people act mostly like themselves, or just not the same at all.

I tend to act a bit more feminine, flirtatious, and open about my sexuality. Other than that, my randomness, and stupidity is basically the same, ahah.

What about you?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    CarrotBunz and HoneyPai like this.
  3. HoneyPai

HoneyPai Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I have to tone myself down when talking to people I've just met, otherwise I might scare them away

keopi likes this.
  4. kamonohashi

kamonohashi a small person Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    My spelling decreases 60% when talking to online friends, but to people I don't know or when I text people I actually know my grammar and spelling suddenly become perfect.

keopi likes this.
  5. ✧ Elfrida ✧

✧ Elfrida ✧ The Space Witch Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Sometimes I can be a bit more confident and silly. I'm mostly just the same as I am irl, though. Just really awkward.

keopi likes this.
  6. Kitcat190

Kitcat190 Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I more or less act the same, although I will admit I'm a little more sassy online(?) I bite my tongue a lot in person, but I'm a bit more vocal online I suppose.

keopi likes this.
  7. CarrotBunz

CarrotBunz Trash Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm way different from what I am online
    here I'm talkative and hyper but in real life I barely talk at all being all shy and shtuff

(basically put my personality down on Asher's wiki > < )

keopi likes this.
  8. kamonohashi

kamonohashi a small person Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This too

keopi and CarrotBunz like this.
  9. Kale

Kale Leaf god Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm usually shy in real life. On the internet, I become loud as hell! I am also more dirty minded on the internet

keopi and kamonohashi like this.
  10. ★M3ROKA★

★M3ROKA★ .Puri Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm anti-social both online and offline-- well more like "far-away"? I think I come across as disinterested but I'm actually thinking about something else like "How does that work, i want to push all those buttons" and then I fall over everything, both online and offline.

keopi likes this.
  11. oteto

oteto Tetoholic Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    not much different, although im much more often mistaken for a girl online lol

CarrotBunz and keopi like this.
  12. azazel

azazel Multipitch VCV Master Race Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    yes, im very shy and anti social irl, but in online, I m really talkative

keopi and CarrotBunz like this.
  13. keopi

keopi Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well it seems like there is a trend of users who are secluded and invert...

Which don't get me wrong, that isn't a bad thing! I think it's wonderful that we are able to express our feelings, negative or positive, with a bunch of other people all around the whole who share the same interests as you!

Nearly everyone I've run into are amazing people and all I gotta say is don't change one thing about yourselves. (Unless it's for the better!) Y'all are great, and honestly, I've felt really accepted into the community!

Also, just a side note. Many people who are not very social sometimes have some things they want to get off their chest.. You could talk to me if you want either through Skype or on here (via PM) if you do need a friend to talk to!

Or just talk to me about anything if you want! Who knows, we might click! I usually don't bite, ahah. :3c

azazel likes this.
  14. sailor _ravioli

sailor _ravioli Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    in general im usually blunt and like to make a lot of bad jokes/puns but it really depends on who im talking to irl tho
    to my close friends i usually appear quite loud and extroverted(?) but on the inside im quite anti-social and REALLY enjoy a good amount of alone time
    (im also the type of person who breaks into a nervous sweat when ordering food *cri*)
    i only have a few friends im comfortable with talking about certain things that i feel uncomfortable talking about online such as politics, sexuality, and just straight up personal stuff
    in all irl im some weird introextrovert hybrid

keopi likes this.
  15. keiran h

keiran h ★Working on it★ Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hmm English is not my mothertounge so I can't express myself, when I'm online and I'm in a Chat I just type some phrases , I can't be myself... I tried to fit in but when you asked me or say something to me, sometimes idk how to reply...

Me gustaría hablar con alguien del mismo idioma para así poder ser más social, llevarme bien con ustedes, reír y hacer chistes, me gustaría mucho!

keopi and sailor _ravioli like this.
  16. partial

partial UTAU English advocate Global Mod Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Really talkative online, but really quiet irl.
    Online I am open about being trans, but irl I'm... well, everyone sees me as a girl and I'm not ready to tell them I'm not, I guess.

keopi likes this.
  17. Euphy

Euphy "it" Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Definitely. I speak a LOT more on the Internet (even though English isn't my native language), I'm way more open about stuff and often times I may even come off as blunt (mostly on other places, not here) when in real life I'm very quiet, usually just responding to stuff with a simple "yup", "nah" or even a "hmh". And while I am friendly on the internet, I'm a bit too friendly in real life, since I just can't respond negatively or decline someone's offer unless it's something I most definitely don't want or don't want to do. Don't know why, but -shrug-

I'm also very shy so there's that :U

keopi likes this.
  18. ❤️Li Chen❤️

❤️Li Chen❤️ EXO-L Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I am such an introvert irl but online I am such an extrovert, I tend to cower when I meet new people in person, but online I tend to open and give them a warm welcome, it's easy for me to make friends online than in real life QwQ

keopi likes this.
  19. ExistenceReaper

ExistenceReaper Procrastinator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hm.
    I'm mostly the same, but I fond talking to new people easier online than offline. I'm also more likely to reply with "hm" online.
    Both online and offline I tend to worry that I have at some point said or did something to make people dislike me. And I mispronounce things/use the wrong word/forget what language I'm supposed to reply in offline just as often as typos happen online. Also online is the only place people know that I'm trans but I honestly don't know if I care enough to bother with it in real life, or rather I wouldn't know how to tell the people who don't already know. Either way, I am nervous and OCD.

General summary of me: I exist.

20. Soursop the fruit

Soursop the fruit ✧ Fruity & Happy ✧ Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hello, i'm necroing a thread ouo
    I think i'm pretty much the same, but i feel more comfy online.
    I don't talk much but that doesn't mean i don't like to talk, i just don't know how to make a conversation go well on general topics, i also can't make good jokes orz so i prefer to listen.

UTAUlikeVOCALOID likes this.
  21. Iris Dragonoure

Iris Dragonoure Your Local Seventeen Trash Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    thanks for necro'ing uwu now i can post

I'm just as talkative online as I am in real life. I'm a huge extrovert and I love making friends and I annoy people all the time.
    Oops.
    But I do have some form of shyness, as I can't properly talk to the McDonald's lady to tell her what I want to eat.

Soursop the fruit likes this.