Are you worried for the UTAU community?

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Actually, another two UTAU voicers voiced their own VOCALOIDs... DEX and DAINA. So that makes 4 confirmed, if you count Nana.

I'm mostly worried that UTAU's creator has straight up dropped off the face of the planet since about 2014. Ameya, where are you...?

"Ameya-san Doko he iita no ?
Kikoemasukaaaaaaaa ? "

//shotdown

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
The two main things I'm worried about are scaring off new people and the fact that UTAU hasn't been updated in a long time. The latter we can't really do anything about as we can't force Ameya to come back and make tons of updates that the program probably needs. If I could, I'd totally throw tons and tons of money in donations at Ameya just so they could do that, but most of us don't have the kind of budget to do that.

One thing we can help, though, is helping newcomers feel more welcome. Helping them feel more open to get down, messy and really get their hands dirty with the program. We were all young and new once so we should absolutely be encouraging this. You wanna make a CV bank? Go for it! Oh, it didn't come out alright? Let's hear it and we'll help you as best we can. No one deserves to feel like an outcast in their own community so we should really try our best to help and guide our new users. Especially considering we were once in that predicament.

I remember when I first joined the forum I was terrified. When I looked in the chatbox I saw so many users there, many of them who's usernames I recognized from YouTube and I was speechless. It took me forever to begin feeling comfortable just going in the chatbox or posting a showcase. I basically was a solitary user of the program on/off for a couple years before I started being active on the forum. It took quite a while of being active on the forum before I found a friendly group of people that made me feel even more comfortable doing what I want to do.

I may have big plans that I want to get done eventually now, but it usually doesn't start off with you wanting to have big plans and do complex things with your voicebank. You just wanna make a small bank, have some people listen to it and use it. Sometimes you even have the dream that you wanna be popular and those who have that dream either chill out and mature and understand it'll take hard work after a while or they eventually drop off completely.