Ask for critique here!

Jadii

Momo's Minion
Yeah, so I'm noticing a lot of people are starting these critique threads! I like to try and help and give input in these kinds of things, so I thought it might be good to make my own thread where people can ask for some feedback.
Basically, if you need it/want it, I'll try and give you some input to your UTAU's design as to what's good, what's bad, what you should keep and what you should scrap.
One thing; please, please do not come into this thread looking solely for praise. This is a critique thread, critique implies I will tell you what I personally find wrong and how you can improve it. Of course I'm hardly going to be mean to you or anything lol, I'm just saying; only post if you actually want to improve your design.
Oh, and if you're having some trouble/are stuck with a design or anything, I'd be more than happy to try and help you out by giving some ideas if you want! So don't be afraid to ask for that either (:
Ok, that's it I guess!

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Jade, you read my mind. 0w0 I've been thinking about asking for critiques on how I should change Amagaku's design, because I think it looks too....well, crypton/vocaloid-y.

[hs width=300 height=400]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/304/a/9/amagaku___new_concept_art_by_ataela-d49gve0.png[/hs]

Could you possibly tell me ideas to fix what you see that you don't like? That'd be great.

Jadii

Momo's Minion
Oh hey Rave! xD
Well personally I actually think Amagaku's design is quite nice (which is surprising because usually I'm not a fan of red/black colour schemes on characters (I think because you balanced it out nicely with the grey/white? lol)).
If you wanted to break free from the whole crypton-ish thing, I'd probably go for something kind of formal/elegant gothic with Amagaku since I think that would suit her best!
So maybe something in the style of
Y00013_9.jpg

B00015_8.jpg

Elegant+Gothic+Skirt.jpg

2005_01_arsenic_mp.jpg

and modify it up a bit? ;w;

In terms of working with her current design, personally I think the shirt balances out everything very well, so if you wanted to work on that, I'd keep it! However, I feel the lower half is quite plain, so I'd perhaps spice up the skirt a bit and I would personally probably scrap the socks and do something totally different with the legs.
I like the cuff on her left arm, but I feel the armwarmer on her right arm is too crypton-y. So again, I'd probably scrap it if I was you.
I think I would personally maybe add something like a poncho to Amagaku's current design to be honest!
Maybe something in the same clothing method as this (not colour scheme or anything, just the way the clothes go):
Knit-Cable-Half-Poncho.jpg

I think you could make it elegant or gothic and it'd suit her design really well!

If you're looking for more inspiration/ideas, I think you should browse some of these sites since the fashion seems in about the range that would suit Amagaku!
http://www.lolitacostume.com/
http://www.milanoo.com/Lolita-Dresses-c635

Hope that helped a bit! ;w; If you need anything else, please ask!

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
OH MY GOSH
JADII FINDS THE PRETTIEST OUTFITS ; o ;

Ah, Rave, this is a personal thing (probably because I dislike non-symmetry personally), but it's her arm warmer that's particularly Crytpton/slightly odd? Maybe make it smaller/change it up a bit to keep it balanced with the other arm accessory? I dunno, just throwing an idea out, feel free to ignore~ Otherwise, I really like her - she's really spunky looking! *u*

Personally, I'm trying to figure out an append design for Kaisho (I just want one that stands for all of them), but I know I won't record any for a while so I wait on that. Though it depresses me that I don't have an actual concept art for Kaisho yet. I was thinking of changing her hat almost entirely for the final art.

27yc07.png

It's hideous because 1) I had no idea how to draw hats when I decided to give Kaisho one and 2) The shape, bow...everything but the colors is so off looking. I've been practicing drawing hats for a few months now since then, but I can never think of what I'd like her hat to look like. Suggestions?

Ahh. Though this isn't really a critique so much as a styel suggestion request. XD I guess critique her design too if you really want to say something?

Astral-Arts

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm with Shinami, Jadii you find such pretty outfits! I'll definatly check them out, and I'll see what I can do to make her armwarmer dissapear. If you ever find anything that can help me with her outfit designing (or if you're kind enough to actually take a look once I work on another design and help me spiff it up, that'd be great!)

I'm glad you like how I balanced the colors. When she orinally had this black one piece I thought it looked too dark, so I changed it. xD Although, people still draw her with the black one, even after they ask for a reference and I send them that picture.

Illisandria Carthain

Momo's Minion
So I'm redesigning an UTAULoid of mne for her ACT2 bank and decided to scrap her old design (which was crap) and make her a new one. I have two in mind that I'm looking at and would like some critique if you please.

The first idea is:
[hs width=240 height=320]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/032/7/b/rian_fullbody_design1_by_invadernere-d4ob8kx.png[/hs]

The second being:
[hs width=240 height=320]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/032/d/f/rian_fullbody_design2_by_invadernere-d4ob8l2.png[/hs]

And the facial design and color scheme is:
[hs width=235 height=138]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/032/9/c/rian_face_by_invadernere-d4ob8ku.png[/hs]

I just want to make sure I have her down to what looks aesthetically pleasing and yet reflects her personality (http://utau.wikia.com/wiki/Rian_Dischordia)

EDIT: It won't post my pictured so I had to give you links...sorry. Nevermind.

★M3ROKA★

.Puri
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hmm~ I have two/three UTSUs that need a solid design-; but I just need a bit of help with finalising DerpDuck (Preview) I'd be grateful if someone gave some ideas/advice~ (anything even!)

Here's a WIP preview of her... Here
(-waits to get shot-)

@A@ ...Just. Something seems wrong/missing and the colour scheme seems...IDK OTL
I was going to give her webbed-feet slipperflippershoe things but; unsure, so unsure, I don't want to add /too/ much fdtfjg. I'm really at a standstill with this OTLll

Chihaya

Momo's Minion
A-Ah, hello! I appreciate for a critique thread like this, I really do. I've been asking around for help, but I can't help but ask others on UTAforum, where voices really count, haha~ ;;

But um, I wanted to ask for a critique on the somewhat-complete-ish-incomplete design of my to-be UTAU Takane. I wanted to have more of a, I suppose robotic-esque attire, but it didn't play too well. Others advised me to change the hair because it looks extremely generic, as with the eyes and things of that nature.

qprvbo.png

M-May you critique this, please? I don't have a full picture of her yet, only this chibi I managed to finish. But any help with the design is greatly appreciated. I don't want the design for Takane to be too generic, or overplayed, and I'd love for advice. ; w ;

TheBakaKitsune

Teto's Territory
Hello !

I would like to know what you think about the three characters I designed BUT PLEASE NOTICE THAT I didn't draw these 2 first pictures :

Also my UTAU Guren Nataku :
guren_nataku__commission_by_nipuni-d4hv46z.png

Namidane Haru (Sukinak's UTAU) :
namidane_haru___full_design_by_elisimse-d4f6r1m.png

my lineart if you want....
utau___namidane_haru___lineart_by_karinui-d3je6yj.jpg

And finally, a WIP that I post for the Vocafes Vocaloid 3 design contest :
tsukino_aria_ver_1_wip_by_karinui-d415z9j.jpg
I think Aria doesn't have enough clothes X_X.... I should put more. And sadly, the more I think about, the more I guess  it's a piko-like design T_T Even if I did this before Piko.

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
TheBakaKitsune link said:
Hello !

I would like to know what you think about the three characters I designed BUT PLEASE NOTICE THAT I didn't draw these 2 first pictures :

I think Aria doesn't have enough clothes X_X.... I should put more. And sadly, the more I think about, the more I guess  it's a piko-like design T_T Even if I did this before Piko.
OMG THOSE DESIGNS ARE AMAZING! Can you help me deign my new UTAU? ; w ; (those design style are EXACTLY how i want her design to look) ; w ;

TheBakaKitsune

Teto's Territory
TheSnowSongstress link said:
[quote author=TheBakaKitsune link=topic=200.msg2922#msg2922 date=1329522697]
Hello !

OMG THOSE DESIGNS ARE AMAZING! Can you help me deign my new UTAU? ; w ; (those design style are EXACTLY how i want her design to look) ; w ;
[/quote]

Hmm :3 glad you like it ! I PM you ^w^