Attempting to create a Female Voicebank

Discussion in 'Requested VB Critiques' started by Alky, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Alky

Alky Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Is it okay to get feedback or opinions in this thread? I have limited mid range. Only successful voice bank recording has been male whisper banks But I really enjoy feminine banks with power because tuning has been fun with them(bad at mixing though) As result I attempted to voice act for a female bank but have listened to it so much my ears are probably deaf to undesirable sounds in the rendered samples as its being otoed. Does this sound super derpy as a feminine voice or derpy shonen? I plan to probably ask female friends if they could provide voices in the future.
    Any advice in pulling off female voice imitating?

3. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hmm, I think it could pass as a boyish female voice :0. It does have a shonen-ish quality to it, but could also be seen as a girl to me.

4. FiftiesYoungin

FiftiesYoungin [d eh][eh d] [ih n][s ay][ay d] Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You can always pitch the samples to your liking or provide flags in the readme if you don't think it is girly enough

Kiyoteru likes this.
  5. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei / Kuya Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Upon giving your sample a few listens, it comes off as a female voicer trying to act an androgynous voice.

6. Arissa

Arissa Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Sounds to me more like a teenage male voice/masculine. Maybe try using some g flags?

7. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei / Kuya Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I feel like this impression is from knowing where the voicer is coming from, and/or the trend of "male" UTAU banks not sounding masculine at all, and/or a lack of reference point for what "teenage male" actually sounds like. KYE's voicer sounded the way he does right now ever since he was 16. Most realistically, I personally sound like an 11 year old.

8. Ciel Phantomhive

Ciel Phantomhive Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    i agree that it sounds like an androgynous female voice actress. it actually reminds me of some of kohaku merry's voicebanks, and she's voice by a woman.

as for sounding more distinctly feminine, try singing in your head voice instead of your chest voice. and i read from some articles about voice training that smiling while speaking can give you more feminine intonation.

Kiyoteru likes this.
  9. Arissa

Trophy Points
    Uh, I'm not really sure what you mean, I just said what the voice sounded like to me

10. Alky

Alky Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    (it has a g- 14 flag ; A; ) Well it's an improvement I guess? ^ _^ I will really try to use a girly tone combined with falsetto or head voice if I can someday. Lately puberty combined with thinnish vocal chords ... makes me want to hit my head against a wall. SO much voice cracking. Any time my voice attempts to evenly sing above slight loud talking it gets some really unattractive raspiness to it and is ruining pronunciation. It is likely a bad decision to attempt to voice in my normal voice let alone female banks . In short: my voice sucks
    Example(on a really shittylaptop microphone): https://clyp.it/uq4l24nh

11. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Wow, with your natural voice being that deep, it's actually pretty impressive that you were able to make an adrogynous female voice-

12. Alky

Alky Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    -blush- It been embarrassing to voice. But it's "improving" to pass more feminine if it sounds androgynous xD Some tricks to eliminate male timbre- a bite of Peanut butter, really bad impression of yaoi male voiceactors on standalone vowels.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 5:54 AM
  13. Arissa

Trophy Points
    Yeah, that can be difficult. With some more practice I'm sure you can improve and pull of the voice you want! :D