Audacity dropoff problem? Please help sob

Izzy

Teto's Territory
So, it seems whenever I sing a note whilst recording in Audacity and I hold it for longer than two seconds, the audio drops off into a faded, buzzy noise that's all muffled and everything. This is a big problem for me considering I have quite a few big projects coming up, and I can't find any good solutions on Google for this, so... Anyone know what needs to be done to fix this problem? QuQ

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Does this happen while recording with other software too? If, say, oremo doesn't have this problem, then you could record with that instead.

Izzy

Teto's Territory
Does this happen while recording with other software too? If, say, oremo doesn't have this problem, then you could record with that instead.
Ah I haven't tried recording with any other program. I just hear this is a problem that can be fixed, so im trying to do that QuQ

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It could help determine whether this is an Audacity-specific problem or if it's affecting all audio input on your computer.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Audio issues like this are more often than not driver related. What mic do you use and do you use your computer's built in audio (the jacks on the back/front of your computer) or a mic that uses USB?

Izzy

Teto's Territory
Audio issues like this are more often than not driver related. What mic do you use and do you use your computer's built in audio (the jacks on the back/front of your computer) or a mic that uses USB?
I use a USB hookup Logitech headset. However, even when I'm recording without a mic it does the same thing; short notes and everything are okay but a few seconds into holding the same note, things drop off x.o

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Go ahead and try using your computer's built in audio recorder (it should have one hidden in there just search the start menu) and try that?

There are a few reasons why it could be happening.

Izzy

Teto's Territory
Go ahead and try using your computer's built in audio recorder (it should have one hidden in there just search the start menu) and try that?

There are a few reasons why it could be happening.
Ah okay, I tried it and yes, it still drops off even with the built in audio recorder xwo

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, what I think may be happening is that either
a) the drivers for your headset installed weird and you will need to go into the device manager and uninstall them (so that they may reinstall)
-or possibly-
b) your computer (or more specifically a component within it) is really slow and after a few moments of audio it begins to lag behind.

edit:
or c) the headset is broken (but this one is not likely, try jiggling the cable)
[doublepost=1456479467][/doublepost]try closing everything, restarting your computer, and recording without opening anything extraneous.

Last edited:

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
I use a similar headset and the same thing happens to me; I don't know if it really is the microphone or not because I'm not an expert, but I noticed that, with me at least, stuff like that mostly happens if the microphone is in an awkward position relative to me. I don't know why, I'm just stating something I noticed.