being Transgender in the UTAU community

Hazu パワ

Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo
Defender of Defoko
I don't even know where to begin with this-

I want to reach out to any transgender individual in this community and talk about our experiences and etc-

like help each other out- examples being that if we want to record a voice that matches the gender we want to be that sometimes its a little bit harder then it seems.

Also, that if you experience trans-phobia within community(Not saying it has happened but we are human so it has a possibility) that you can have people to talk about it with and how to deal with it.

I just want to let you know that you are not alone and that we can have each other's back.

Reactions: partial and Piia

Milk

i like bad things
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've personally never dealt with transphobia within the UTAU/vocalsynth community (aside maybe from a few people unknowingly misgendering my UTAU based on her deep voice), but I know others that have.
But yeah it'd be nice for us to all be here for each other!

Last edited:

Hazu パワ

Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo
Defender of Defoko
I've personally never dealt with transphobia within the UTAU/vocalsynth community (aside maybe from a few people unknowingly misgendering my UTAU based on her deep voice), but I know a others that have.
But yeah it'd be nice for us to all e here for each other!
I haven't dealt with it either but I also haven't been interactive with a lot of the community(which I'm trying to be more active)- QwQ

ExistenceReaper

Procrastinator
Defender of Defoko
I haven't experienced transphobia in the UTAU/vocalsynth community but I know what it's like. I'm definitely willing to help out and be supportive.

Also, kinda silly but I actually have trouble sounding like a normal female half the time??? I mean I shouldn't be complaining but I find that a little weird.

Anyway this thread is pleasant.

Reactions: Milk

Hazu パワ

Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo
Defender of Defoko
I haven't experienced transphobia in the UTAU/vocalsynth community but I know what it's like. I'm definitely willing to help out and be supportive.

Also, kinda silly but I actually have trouble sounding like a normal female half the time??? I mean I shouldn't be complaining but I find that a little weird.

Anyway this thread is pleasant.
I have trouble as well- Usually talking to people I can manage it kinda but my voice is constantly switching between pitches- qwq

Reactions: ExistenceReaper

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I haven't found any problems in the vocal synth comm necessarily. I don't even seem to get the problem of people assuming I'm a woman, because my UTAU sounds fairly masculine in low ranges. Many people have even expressed surprised to find out that I'm not just a cis man with a higher voice. It's kind of reassuring to me, actually XD

Hazu パワ

Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo
Defender of Defoko
I haven't found any problems in the vocal synth comm necessarily. I don't even seem to get the problem of people assuming I'm a woman, because my UTAU sounds fairly masculine in low ranges. Many people have even expressed surprised to find out that I'm not just a cis man with a higher voice. It's kind of reassuring to me, actually XD
That is really nice to hear- I jump with joy(inside my head) when people assume I'm a Cis-Woman~

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
I haven't experienced any transphobia in the UTAU community, maybe because I don't really mention the fact that I'm trans at all.
I feel; I don't really include it on my profiles because I don't want people (cis and trans alike) to make assumptions about me because of it. Like, I'm no different than a cis man, so don't treat me like I'm a completely different gender, because that is literally the opposite of what I want?

Hazu パワ

Weeaboo yet not Weeaboo
Defender of Defoko
I feel; I don't really include it on my profiles because I don't want people (cis and trans alike) to make assumptions about me because of it. Like, I'm no different than a cis man, so don't treat me like I'm a completely different gender, because that is literally the opposite of what I want?
Oh my gosh- Same, Which also includes with experiences- I'm unsure if it's trans-phobia(I think), People treating you differently once they find out.

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
I just don't mention it because I don't think it's very important.