Best ENGLISH Voicebank?

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Looking for a good english voice bank to use. If I put this in the wrong place, let me know (I'm new to the forum)

Dorel

Teto's Territory
I think there are a lot of good English voicebanks, but the one I like the most are Aiko Kikyuune and Neko Kanochi's!
There is also Hanami Hoshino, I like her a lot!

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I have Aiko, and iv'e already made a (bad) cover with it here. I'll look into the others.
Thanks for the fast response!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I havent used much english banks, but I've heard from a lot of people that they like Mimi Yorunes english bank. as for other banks there's Iris Libra and Mona Minarai.
But if you're looking for a spesific voice type I recomend looking through the showcase with english tagged onto them, and maybe checking UTAU Wiki 2.0.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Mimi Yorune's voice is OK, but IMO it's too breathy, if that's the word. Anyway, what would be a good voicebank to cover Deadmau5's "Raise Your Weapon"?

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
For English you also have the well-known Halt Tanner, as well as Lizett (Halt voice is mature and bright, while Lizzett is... Well you'll hear if you look up for her on YT and you'll find out videos like this one : )

Also on male side, I recall Onen as well

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
English banks have a long way to go, imo youre better off engrishing.

No. That is an incorrect misconception and you sound like you have not worked with actual English banks enough if at all.

Seriously, English banks are by no means perfect but they are still far better than Engrishing as they have the actual vowels and consonants necessary to produce decent English. I can guarantee you that Iris's English cover of Joking Speaker's quality cannot be reproduced with her Japanese bank, friend. I can promise you that as her owner and creator. None of her English covers could be reproduced with her Japanese bank it just wouldn't sound good. It'd sound terrible actually. Her Japanese just does not have the right sounds.

To suggest Engrish is better than a bank that actually has all the sounds and is made for English? It's kinda silly and again...a misconception. It's like saying Luka Japanese produces better English than her actual English bank and it's just not true.

As for suggestions, I second going through the showcase cause all the banks I was gunna say have been suggested already.

Last edited:

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
No. That is an incorrect misconception and you sound like you have not worked with actual English banks enough if at all.

Seriously, English banks are by no means perfect but they are still far better than Engrishing as they have the actual vowels and consonants necessary to produce decent English. I can guarantee you that Iris's English cover of Joking Speaker's quality cannot be reproduced with her Japanese bank, friend. I can promise you that as her owner and creator. None of her English covers could be reproduced with her Japanese bank it just wouldn't sound good. It'd sound terrible actually. Her Japanese just does not have the right sounds.

To suggest Engrish is better than a bank that actually has all the sounds and is made for English? It's kinda silly and again...a misconception. It's like saying Luka Japanese produces better English than her actual English bank and it's just not true.

As for suggestions, I second going through the showcase cause all the banks I was gunna say have been suggested already.
You are on. Joking speaker? Name your weapon. (Song) I will engrish the shaith outta it.

Purin

Momo's Minion
This is kind of a long response, sorry. This is like my first post on the new forum and so I'm kind of unsure how to put stuff under a spoiler here.

I've used a few English voicebanks, and I have to say that Anta Shizuko has a nice English bank. It works a bit differently than other English banks I've used, but not too hard to make sound good once you've gotten used to how to use her.

Something I've done with her bank:

I also like Kumone Keishi's BREEZE voicebank and I would recommend it if you want a very breathy male voice. In the few times I've messed around with his bank, I've found that he's always had a good abundance of samples that make English words flow better.

I don't think I have anything with his voice that I've uploaded, so here's something that Meta (his owner) did:

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You are on. Joking speaker? Name your weapon. (Song) I will engrish the shaith outta it.
Please don't take this offensively, but I really hope you're not serious.

I mean sure, you can engrish a song if you want, but there's no way you can actually make it sound like actual english, let alone decent english. If you can then it's probably really choppy sounding or something like that and just wouldn't sound good, because as said before, japanese VBs don't have the same vowels and consonants as english VBs (you could use a japanese CV-VC VB, but again, choppiness) and they also have a way different accent than english VBs. Even if you tried to make a japanese VB with a very, very thick english accent, it still wouldn't sound "natural". Believe me, I've tried that.

Also on topic, I haven't really used that many english VBs, but I think Neko English and CZloid's English voicebanks are pretty good~ Neko English has a more soft voice while CZloid is a more powerful(?) voice.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
English banks have a long way to go, imo youre better off engrishing.
Using a Japanese VB for English is kinda like using a smart car for off-roading: You aren't gonna make it very far without a LOT of work.

What's Joking Speaker? your post doesn't make sense to me.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Right, guys, please keep this on topic :I OP asked for English banks, there's zero need to bring in an English vs. Engrish debate...

IMO, I really like Yuuki Yasune for stronger songs, & Myth-Poid (I can't find a good, recent demo of him though, ugh).

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
This is like my first post on the new forum and so I'm kind of unsure how to put stuff under a spoiler here.

I know this is off topic, but to make the spoiler thing, select what text you want in it, click the "Insert..." button (Just left of the save icon), then click "Spoiler".

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Right, guys, please keep this on topic :I OP asked for English banks, there's zero need to bring in an English vs. Engrish debate...

IMO, I really like Yuuki Yasune for stronger songs, & Myth-Poid (I can't find a good, recent demo of him though, ugh).

Yuuki sounds pretty nice, I might roll with that. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Purin

Momo's Minion
I know this is off topic, but to make the spoiler thing, select what text you want in it, click the "Insert..." button (Just left of the save icon), then click "Spoiler".

Thank you so much~
(Turns out it wasn't my first post, but just the first post in a long time, lmao.)

I'm looking through my English voicebank folder, and here's a few that haven't been mentioned yet.

These are all male voicebanks. :smile:
Piper K. (Lite English)

Tony Yonné

Victor Yonné

Beat Okamine

Kou Katsu

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have one English bank semi-released, but it's quite difficult to use and I'm not sure if it's the voice type you want.

As for other suggestions, there's a recent bank, AL!CE16's english bank. A bit soft, VERY high pitched, slow consonants... but with work, pretty flexible!

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Some of my personal favourites are Anta Shizuko, MYTH-POID, Keishi Kumone and Piper K., though he's a little older. There's always fun ones to find. :smile:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My bank Tsukine Sayuri - while incomplete - has English support. It's built around Japanese, Chinese, and Korean so it doesn't work like your conventional English CVVC (Cz method).