Best ENGLISH Voicebank?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I Love how this thread turned into a big voicebank-advertising crap shoot.

For accurate English, I would recommend Czloid. As far as I'm concerned, Czloid is one of the clearest voicebanks.
I sometimes feel that her "3" can be a bit to harsh and "speech-like", so sometimes I recommend using "6" instead

If you are looking for smoother, but more understated and less clear vocals, I recommend Alice.16 english.
Many of her consonants are very subtle, but some (especially the "d" at times) can be a bit harsh. selectivly switching the "t"/"d" seems to work very well. She is probably the least understandable, while having the best tone.

If you want a stronger, more forward voice, then I suggest Aiko English.
Though Aiko has some really harsh "r"/"3" sounds, that can be worked around. Very understandable.

I can't recommend and male vocals at the moment as I have yet to encounter a male english voice that is very good. Your milagew may vary, but most of them sounds very forced, strained, or unnatural to me. A lot of them sounds like talking, so if you want a male voice...you're gonna need to make sacrifices.[DOUBLEPOST=1422032202][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please don't take this offensively, but I really hope you're not serious.

I mean sure, you can engrish a song if you want, but there's no way you can actually make it sound like actual english, let alone decent english. If you can then it's probably really choppy sounding or something like that and just wouldn't sound good, because as said before, japanese VBs don't have the same vowels and consonants as english VBs (you could use a japanese CV-VC VB, but again, choppiness) and they also have a way different accent than english VBs. Even if you tried to make a japanese VB with a very, very thick english accent, it still wouldn't sound "natural". Believe me, I've tried that.

Also on topic, I haven't really used that many english VBs, but I think Neko English and CZloid's English voicebanks are pretty good~ Neko English has a more soft voice while CZloid is a more powerful(?) voice.

A skilled user (not me) can get very smooth results via engrish. Most of the choppiness is a result of a poor oto and lack of experience. even actually english voicebanks will be choppy if used poorly.