Best Mics Around $25-30?

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
So. My mic finally pooped out on me (It was one of the first mics for Wii, so it's around 6 years old OTL It was working fine up until about a month or two ago...) and so I'm on the hunt for a new one~!
I have about $30 to spend on a new mic, and so I was wondering which mic(s) you guys would recommend for around that price. Nothing like the Wii mics though, I'm planning on doing a lot with this mic, so I want it to be a durable/as high of quality as you can get for that price. I prefer things I might be able to buy in store (stores like Best-Buy, etc.) so it's less of a hassle if I have to return it, but I'm cool with online stores too.
And oh gosh please, please, please, PLEASE, no uber long cords Q A Q That was so painful having to deal with...
Sooooo~ Um, thanks in advance~!

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
Aster Selene link said:
Unfortunately - if you want anything for much more quality than a Logitech, you'll have to spend at least $50.
Logitech/Rockband's the best I can recommend when you're at that price.
D: Pooey... Hmm, I think I could part with an additional $20, what recommendations do you have for mics around the $50 range?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Aster Selene link said:
Well, the most popular one around the $50-60 range would be the Blue Snowball.
It has some reports of bein

Hey Aster, could you possibly edit and finish what you were going to say about the downsides/upsides of the Blue Snowball? ; u ; My mic is starting to show signs that it isn't holding up well anymore, and I have about $80 holed up from Christmas still, so I'd love to hear about this mic as a replacement option.

MsStarryDreams

Momo's Minion
Oh wow! Thank you so much!
I'm not sure which one I'm going to buy yet, since the Yeti is only $30 more... But I'll either be going with the Snowball or Yeti C:

Kero

Momo's Minion
I have a KOSS CS95 communication headset, and I'm very happy with the quality. It has a HUGE range (30 - 16,000 Hz), so it's not good if you're in a highly noisy environment, but if you record in a relatively quiet place and play around with your boost and sensitivity settings, it has this wonderful crisp, clear, warm sound to it. It's less than $20 even on the manufacturer's site, so you can find it cheaper elsewhere if you need to. I can send you some sound samples, if you would like to know exactly what it sounds like. c':