Buying v4... but what voicebank to get with it?

WretchedKalamity

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty strapped on money after I buy ONE vocaloid, so I want to chose the best english vocaloid I can get, help? I'd love to hear the advice you can give me.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Cyva is reportedly the most beginner friendly, if that's a concern for you. Objectively I'd say either her or Avanna, who I thiiink is somewhat cheaper and, though she's not as clear, her tone is (imo) better.

The others I can't comment on really because I've never used them. I'd recommend listening to a lot of songs / covers and figuring out whose voice you like best. Being passionate about the bank you get helps you over the learning curve more.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I really don't suggest Cyva, at all. She's not user friendly and takes work to sound like she's singing and NOT rapping/talking. I recommend Ruby, Avanna, Big Al, or YOHIO.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
My main experience with english vocaloids has been Sonika, so everyone seems better, haha. Maika has the best voice type imo so if you're willing to edit phonetics then get her. Otherwise, I agree with the above, get Cyva (for electronic music) or Avanna (for softer music) or Ruby (for pop music)

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Honestly? Whatever bank you love.

Every Vocaloid has its flaws and perks. You're going to get sick of the flaws pretty quickly if it's a voice you 1) don't use often in your genre and 2) don't like overall.

As a reminder, you can't convert V2 banks to V4 without already owning V3, though.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you want to work mostly in the male range then definitely go for it. There aren't many recent male english loids.

Leah

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
In terms of a pop genre, Cyber Diva is the easiest English Vocaloid to use. Ruby is most understandable, but to use her fully you need to study her additional English phonemes, and there's a lot. Dex and Daina will be released soon, and Dex is turning out to be the most flexible male English Vocaloid that you can use for all pop, electro and rock. For soul, ballad and any kind of soft music, Daina and Avanna are your best bets.

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Hhhhh so many choices, I'm kind of leaning towards the kaito pack, any info on him?
Like I have mentioned KAITO V3 is simple/ user friendly but the only vb you'll most likely have a hastle with will be KAITO Whisper
KAITO STRAIGHT
KAITO SOFT
and
KAITO ENGLISH
are fairly easy to use (imo) if you also get KAITO V3 Bundle not only will it come with a VB but also Piapro Studio, Piapro Studio can also import singers from V3 and V4 that aren't Cryptonloids and I find that neat (But I believe that's for V4 Piapro Studio only) but till then KAITO V3 is a fairly good Vocaloid, and like everyone is saying, get the VOCALOID that is calling out to you and speaking to you spiritually

Leah

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
KAITO's English bank has a very small vocal range of one octave. Many people who bought him have regretted doing so. He sounds very thin and nasally despite being a baritone, as well as his sound quality isn't great if you compare him to Vocaloids like Gackpo. Honestly, Dex will be your best bet from males.