can any utau be considered a vipperloid ?

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
ok so my sister recorded a voicebank today and created an utau wiki page for it and she put that her utau was a vipperloid isnt that like copy right or something ? it has a really good design like professional look to it and it sounds nice buts a cv bank she said that it was supposed to be a troll anyway but she decided to make a good bank instead ? sorry if its confusing so can it be considered a vipperloid since its a troll like the others ?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
VIPPERloids are called that because they're created by the VIP team (board?) of 2ch (2chan), a Japanese chatboard/forum/image site/4chan. They started with Teto, and since then every UTAU created by this team is called a VIPPERloid, even when unsuccessful (gosh, there's been many created after Tei, but no one ever remembers them - I can't even remember their names, only their designs...). So the only UTAUs that can be called VIPPERloids are ones created by VIP@2ch - if you want to compare it to Vocaloid, only Gakupo, Gumi, Lily, Ryota, and CUL are Internet Co. Vocaloids. VIPPERloid does not mean trap/troll. They were just the only ones to succeed.

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
ok i understand now i will tell her she just wanted to make an utau with the personality of the vipperloids kinda like a joke as well lol you no cool design weird facts and a nice voice but i guess she can name her utau something else thanks for the advise :wink::smile: