Can I copy?

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Hello I'd like to know if it's right if I could copy pitches from another vb.
I'm thinking of doing a voicebank that's kire (that's kinda for my voice type since I can't reach C5 >~<) and I wanted to know if it's bad to copy someone's pitches a bit. ((I would ask chat but my phone's almost dead and I probably wouldn't remember))

keopi

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
By copying do you mean recording in the pitches that they recorded?

If so, nah, I don't think it's bad. People do it with Ritsu Kire all the time.

Reactions: Nohkara

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Do you mean otos? Because I'd see no problem with copying it for a base oto and aliases
But if you mean you're going to copy the actual pitches, then I don't have much of an opinion
[doublepost=1457209311][/doublepost]
Do you mean otos? Because I'd see no problem with copying it for a base oto and aliases
But if you mean you're going to copy the actual pitches, then I don't have much of an opinion
Just saw the reply before me
I don't see why it wouldn't be a problem
It's only a problem to me if you're aiming to imitate the voice type/tone like if you ate intentionally trying to make your utau sound like someone else's
If that makes sense

Reactions: keopi

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You could, but imo, it's better to do what's best for your personal voice. You (should) know your voice better than anyone else with where it transitions comfortably and the notes you're able to hit. Whether you use another banks pitch scheme or not, the rule of thumb is: each pitch should be at least 2 tones apart.

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If you can't reach C5 without hurting your voice, please don't do that, especially doing it kire style. There isn't a rule saying that C5 is the only pitch you should record with such power, so please do whatever's comfortable on your voice. If you really want that power to start at C5, you could even experiment with the Suffix Broker to get the effect you want.

It's perfectly acceptable to use a bank's pitches as a reference, but try not to hurt yourself in imitating them.