Can someone make me an oto.ini?

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I can help, I take oto comissions. If you want to comission me, we can talk about that in private.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I guess you've just tried Tady's gen, then? I can help you with using OREMO's oto generator (very reliable for me) or try to set up Moresampler in wine using the terminal.

Kinoko

Momo's Minion
I guess you've just tried Tady's gen, then? I can help you with using OREMO's oto generator (very reliable for me) or try to set up Moresampler in wine using the terminal.

Yes, it would be great if you could help me!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Since your voicebank isn't in hiragana, you won't be able to use OREMO's oto generator. To use Moresampler's generator, you'll need to separate the syllables with underscores instead of hyphens. Select everything, right click, and choose "rename". Find "-" and replace with "_".

Follow these instructions for installing Wine up to Part 3: https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
Here's the latest version of moresampler. https://webhost.engr.illinois.edu/~khua5/index.php/2017/06/10/moresampler-0-8-3-release/
To put a voicebank in moresampler for otoing, you'll need to use this command in Terminal.
Code:
export LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine path/to/moresampler.exe path/to/voicebank
Select Japanese romaji.
Yes to VCV.
No to CVVC.
Hiragana only.
Yes, rename duplicates.
Add the appropriate suffix (or none if you're not using one)
Moresampler will then start analyzing the bank and generating an OTO.ini file. If you have any non-standard extra samples it may not be able to read them.

.... Also, it seems like you're missing the vowel-only strings ^^;;

Kinoko

Momo's Minion
Since your voicebank isn't in hiragana, you won't be able to use OREMO's oto generator. To use Moresampler's generator, you'll need to separate the syllables with underscores instead of hyphens. Select everything, right click, and choose "rename". Find "-" and replace with "_".

Follow these instructions for installing Wine up to Part 3: https://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/
Here's the latest version of moresampler. https://webhost.engr.illinois.edu/~khua5/index.php/2017/06/10/moresampler-0-8-3-release/
To put a voicebank in moresampler for otoing, you'll need to use this command in Terminal.
Code:
export LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine path/to/moresampler.exe path/to/voicebank
Select Japanese romaji.
Yes to VCV.
No to CVVC.
Hiragana only.
Yes, rename duplicates.
Add the appropriate suffix (or none if you're not using one)
Moresampler will then start analyzing the bank and generating an OTO.ini file. If you have any non-standard extra samples it may not be able to read them.

.... Also, it seems like you're missing the vowel-only strings ^^;;
Thanks!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Forgot to mention- by default, you may have to control+click instead of right click to rename the files.
"path/to/filename" starts at Macintosh HD, so for example, the Downloads folder would be "users/your_user_folder/downloads". It's not case sensitive, but if any folders along the way have spaces, you need to enclose the file path in quotation marks so that the spaces don't break the command.

Last edited:

Kinoko

Momo's Minion
Forgot to mention- by default, you may have to control+click instead of right click to rename the files.
"path/to/filename" starts at Macintosh HD, so for example, the Downloads folder would be "user/your_user_folder/downloads". It's not case sensitive, but if any folders along the way have spaces, you need to enclose the file path in quotation marks so that the spaces don't break the command.
When I do that, I just get >.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well, let's say that you have moresampler unzipped in your downloads, and your utau folder on your desktop. So you would type in
Code:
export LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine users/(username)/downloads/moresampler-0.8.3/moresampler.exe users/(username)/desktop/"Kimiko VCV ACT 4"

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Replace (username) with the actual name of your user folder. For example, mine is "klad".

upload_2018-2-25_22-16-50.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Don't use parentheses, I only used that to demonstrate it was a placeholder.

Kinoko

Momo's Minion
So I typed in

export LC_ALL=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine users/allison/desktop/moresampler-0.8.3/moresampler.exe users/allison/desktop/"Kimiko VCV ACT 4"

But it gave me >.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sorry, I don't know why it would do that. Normally it would take a bit of loading time and then Moresampler would prompt for voicebank type.