Can soneone help me find the tempo to a song?

miyu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello I tried finding tempos on songs I wanna try covering but I can't seem to find them FL doesn't work well for me and audacity you need to install something to find it and I can't do it at the moment but here are the songs even though they don't have off vocals
Steel cage princess
Charlotte - selep

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
I personally use MixMeister BPM analyzer (lots of people who make USTs recommend it, I found it from a bunch of tutorials) I've used it but never successfully made a UST (mainly due to laziness and the fact I have the free version of FL that can't save things) but the BPM was always very close to the actual BPM. You can download it here. The title of the file you input can't have any Japanese, it only works if the title is in English for some reason. It seems to work a little better than FL Studio's but results vary. You'll need to round the number you get to the closest whole number.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

CyberneticEden

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I usually use tempotap.com to estimate, whenever I need a tempo, it's not too accurate, so it's best to kinda round the number after about 30 seconds or a minute of tapping.

Truly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
MixMeister BPM analyzer
Wow, I almost forgot this thing existed. I had it installed on my old laptop in highschool (that is, Nekozawa Mk1), but I don't think I used it much. I'm hardly an expert, but I'd guess that it works by seeking out a certain frequency or peaks, and guessing...
Of course, anything with a sub-bass might give you weird readings. And just browsing reviews, it looks like faster songs might turn out readings that are halved (like a 60 bpm for a song that is 120), but that shouldn't be an issue. IDK, if that works, then good luck. I still would rather just do it by hand, if I'm doing it one song at a time.

Ahh yes, now I remember. This was back when I wanted to be an internet dj...

Reactions: LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
Wow, I almost forgot this thing existed. I had it installed on my old laptop in highschool (that is, Nekozawa Mk1), but I don't think I used it much. I'm hardly an expert, but I'd guess that it works by seeking out a certain frequency or peaks, and guessing...
Of course, anything with a sub-bass might give you weird readings. And just browsing reviews, it looks like faster songs might turn out readings that are halved (like a 60 bpm for a song that is 120), but that shouldn't be an issue. IDK, if that works, then good luck. I still would rather just do it by hand, if I'm doing it one song at a time.

Ahh yes, now I remember. This was back when I wanted to be an internet dj...
Tapping it by hand would be more accurate, but it's difficult, especially for beginners. I have 6 years of piano lessons under my belt and I still can't tap for the life of me >.< Also if MixMeister does half the BPM it's fairly easy to recognize it's off and x2 ^-^

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I like using the tap function in Reaper and then turning on the metronome to see if it is correct.

If you can hear where the beats are then you can always take a 20 or 30 second sample of the song and count the beats out. And then if you multiply that number by either 3 or 2 you can get an approximate bpm.

FelineWasteland

Feral Catboy
Defender of Defoko
Personally I use Pinsoft BPM detector; it's not always 100% accurate but it gets really close. I hadn't heard of MixMeister, so I might have to give that a shot to compare the two.