Can you please check my mixing for this cover? :D

iPantasticGuy

Food Eater of UTAU
I just recently made a cover using my UTAUloid and I'm not sure if my mixing is good or bad in this. Can you please tell me what's the problems with the mixing? Thanks! :D
Here's the cover:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The first thing I notice is that the OTO could stand to be improved, but that's not what you were asking about, so I'll listen on.

The levels are well balanced. Neither the vocals nor the instrumental overpower each other. However, the vocals are rather dry. Applying a slight bit of reverb should help glue the vocals to the same "space" that the instruments are in. The original song also seems to make heavy use of chorus. What program do you use for mixing, by the way?

Reactions: m170

iPantasticGuy

Food Eater of UTAU
The first thing I notice is that the OTO could stand to be improved, but that's not what you were asking about, so I'll listen on.

The levels are well balanced. Neither the vocals nor the instrumental overpower each other. However, the vocals are rather dry. Applying a slight bit of reverb should help glue the vocals to the same "space" that the instruments are in. The original song also seems to make heavy use of chorus. What program do you use for mixing, by the way?
Thanks for the reply :D I'll try to fix the problems on the next songs I'm gonna cover. I use FL Studio for mixing :D