Can't replace syllable in voicebank?

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
I am totally at my wits end. I finished my first voicebank and played through a UST to try it out. When I did it, I realized that some syllables -like tsu or da- were a bit unclear. I decide to revoice them. However, when I go replace it, now the new versions sound overly robotic/distorted? As in, it sounds fine in the Voice Bank Settings, but if I try inserting it as a note it doesn't work?

I know it's not the syllable itself. Any way to remedy this? Thanks everybody in advance!

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the bank in UTAU if you havent already, and regenerate the frq files for it.

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the bank in UTAU if you havent already, and regenerate the frq files for it.

I've tried several times installing it; I've even tried changing the name of the bank. How do you regenerate the frq files? (thank you for replying!!)

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Right-click the sample in voice configurations and select "Initialize Frequency table"
[DOUBLEPOST=1440884337][/DOUBLEPOST]Also make sure to re-oto the new sample.

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
Right-click the sample in voice configurations and select "Initialize Frequency table"
[DOUBLEPOST=1440884337][/DOUBLEPOST]Also make sure to re-oto the new sample.

Sorry for the wait. I tried it out and oto'd it but it's still not working?

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Alright

Uninstall, rename the bank, delete the .frq files and clear the OTO settings to 0 in the oto.ini, maybe even move the bank to a new location(?) like pictures/videos/documents , and reinstall. I've had this problem before but i cant remember what i did to fix it. :s

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
Alright

Uninstall, rename the bank, delete the .frq files and clear the OTO settings to 0 in the oto.ini, maybe even move the bank to a new location(?) like pictures/videos/documents , and reinstall. I've had this problem before but i cant remember what i did to fix it. :s

Clearing the OTO settings means I have to re-oto it, right? OTL I was just done too, ahahaha/

Oh, you did! :o That actually makes me relieved. I thought I was doing something wrong since nobody reported problems like this. Okay, I'll do what you say and I'll get back to you if it works/doesn't!

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Don't clear the oto settings in UTAU. go to your oto.ini file and set all the numbers for THAT sample to zero

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
Don't clear the oto settings in UTAU. go to your oto.ini file and set all the numbers for THAT sample to zero

Nope still didn't work. Ah, so frustrating. It's only 3 syllables and I've been trying to fix this for 3 hours.

warm rootbeer

The Helpful Insomniac
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Tryy going into voice configurations, right click the sample, and "delete" the ones you re-did. Then right click, "select multi" and "(A)" then "initialize frequency table".

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
Tryy going into voice configurations, right click the sample, and "delete" the ones you re-did. Then right click, "select multi" and "(A)" then "initialize frequency table".

Still didn't work. Da and ma sounds even scarier now. (By the way, thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I really appreciate it!)

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
Still didn't work. Da and ma sounds even scarier now. (By the way, thank you for taking the time to help me with this. I really appreciate it!)
delete the syllable that your trying to replace? (also are you on administrators account or no)

Sakhyu

Momo's Minion
delete the syllable that your trying to replace? (also are you on administrators account or no)
Delete the old frq file.
So if you replace da.wav, delete DA_wav.frq

I deleted the oto.ni and frq. files and the moved my voicebank around and renamed it again and now it suddenly works! Thank you everyone for helping; I really really appreciate it!!

Reactions: warm rootbeer

Nat

(๑•﹏•)
Defender of Defoko
I deleted the oto.ni and frq. files and the moved my voicebank around and renamed it again and now it suddenly works! Thank you everyone for helping; I really really appreciate it!!
youre welcome