Change Username/Title

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hi,
I notice that at the store you can change your username or title for utafourm bucks. However it says it'll(the change of the username/title) last for 7 days. So does that mean that if you buy one of those it'll last for seven days and that's it or is it that it'll last for 7 days and then you have to change it again?

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Maybe it means you have permission to change Username/title freely for seven days and then it expires and you're stuck with whatever you changed it to?

Lorreine Geralde

lorreinegeralde@IRIS-SELECIA
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Well, if I want to change my username, then I need to be careful with my choice soon.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think Hentai is planning on adding some more permanent options soon, but for now I suppose it means you can change it freely for seven days or however long and then you're stuck. (Personally, I think it would've been better to let you change your username or title so many times before you can't anymore. I mean, really, how many times is someone going to change their username in a week?)

Reactions: Lorreine Geralde

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
If it is just a temporary change, I think it should be less expensive, an amount a user could realisticly earn in a week.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The permission where you can change your Username only lasts for 7 days though the changes you make during these 7 days however are permanent after the permission expires. You have 7 days to decide what you want after purchasing it before it is locked in that state permanently.

Username changes are priced high to discourage their use. The system keeps a log of everyone's username changes but said log is not available to normal users so if someone changes their username it might lead to confusion in older threads... so its something I wanted available but didn't want to be used casually.

A note about the Change User Title permission. That permissions is available as a permanent upgrade to anyone who has the Supporter tag. Anyone who backed the Kickstarter, purchased tokens through while we were in BETA, or purchases the Supporter account upgrade will have that permission permanently.

Last but not least the Change Birthday permission is priced as it is to keep people from farming the "Its Your Birthday" UtaBuck reward and continually changing their Birthday for a profit.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ooh, there's still a way to support? Count me in! I'll try to purchase that this weekend!

Purchase a Token ($5 min) while we are still in BETA™ (I am a couple days late in porting us over) and you get the supporter flag free!

Reactions: samth1815

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Purchase a Token ($5 min) while we are still in BETA™ (I am a couple days late in porting us over) and you get the supporter flag free!

I may try to to both! Anything to support the forums ;u;