CMD is crawling (very, VERY slow) during playback

P

partial

I noticed today, when rendering anything (with any bank, any format), that my CMD crawls. And by that, I mean, it takes a few seconds to do every note, and not in a "gotta make an frq for this" kind of way.

Restarting my computer helped, but only the first time I tried to play something in UTAU. Now the playback is majorly lagging again. I can't restart every time I want to play something, so does anyone have any clue? I've not downloaded anything out of the ordinary lately, if that matters.

P

partial

I'm using the default resampler.

When I play a UST for the first time and it makes a cache, it's super slow. But even the next time, when you think it would render quicker, it barely does. This is a new problem I ran into just today - and I don't really know what would be the cause of it.

By slow, I mean it's taking a minute+ to render 25 notes, that already are cached.

Last edited by a moderator:

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
What's your cpu usage like? Does the output of resampler keep updating or does it just hang?

P

partial

What's your cpu usage like? Does the output of resampler keep updating or does it just hang?
It updates....like, in blocks. I'm not sure how to describe it. All the information for each individual note shows almost instantly, but it takes a few seconds to show to next. Does that make sense?

edit: my cpu is at 10%

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
while it's updating does it show constantly changing numbers (in a format like nnn>nnnn) or does nothing change during that time? And the CPU usage?

As a quick trick to speed things up, you can add this to your config file:
Code:
UseMultiBat=True
Processes= 4
But it seems like you might have something going on, so let's try to figure this out first.

P

partial

The numbers
while it's updating does it show constantly changing numbers (in a format like nnn>nnnn) or does nothing change during that time? And the CPU usage?

As a quick trick to speed things up, you can add this to your config file:
Code:
UseMultiBat=True
Processes= 4
But it seems like you might have something going on, so let's try to figure this out first.
The numbers change the first time I play anything (i.e when I first open UTAU and play a UST).
But after that, when I play it again, all the numbers are already there and it just...loads slowly, in whole chunks.

It isn't like it used to be the second time, where it'd be like
Code:
#
##
####
########
##########
the further it got along what had been rendered previously. (I really hope I make sense.)

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Disable the cache by changing CacheEnable in your config from 1 to 0. See if this changes anything.

P

partial

yes.

Have you tried a different resampler?
I've not tried a different resampler.

What exactly does changing CacheEnable from 1 to 0 do? Is it supposed to make things render extremely fast? Because that's what's happening, and I dunno if my laptop is losing its mind or

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Under normal circumstances it should actually make renders slower since it forces resampler to rebuild everything every time you play it. However, if you added the Multithread mod above, that would be making it faster.

P

partial

The only thing I've changed yet is the CacheEnable.

My laptop is probably going crazy or something, I did a scan of it and it isn't infect or anything, which is good, but.

In any case, it seems (??) to be working, so?

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty sure kinetic got it for you, however, if you notice your resampler is still loading slowly, or if you're just sick of the wait there are resampler patchers as well!