completely new and slightly scared

razielle

Momo's Minion
aah.. um, i'm completely new to utau and the magnitude of everything is kinda scary. i have no musical experience but i've been a fan of vocaloid/utau for such a long time and it'll be really exciting to try it for myself.
so, uh.. i have utau, now what? does anyone have recommendations for easy first-time voicebanks and songs so i can learn what to do with it all? <3 (i have so many questions, too..)

Reactions: Zoku

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
Welcome to UF! mostly the same I'm me here and i joined yesterday...uuhhh i don't know about a good ust to start with but i think you should start practicing with a CV voice bank.
[doublepost=1455986264][/doublepost]wow i messed up my English but yea start with a cv since it is less complicated than vcv and others

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
Welcome to UF! I'd recommend starting with a CV voicebank, too, and I'd say Teto is pretty easy to use? She was the one I used when I started UTAU. You'll want to get her Diphone bank (I believe it's Diphone), since that's her CV. Good luck ^^;

GothAmaterasu

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
As Bunnee-Chan said^
CV is a standard (usually Japanese) voicebank c: it is basic and a great start. VCV will be more challenging, and is considered an advanced way of recording by many.
Also hello! I'm Goth c:

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
Welcome to UF! CV is Consonant-Vowel and is generally the most simple kind of Japanese bank you can make. VCV is Vowel-Consonant-Vowel and is slightly harder to make. However it's equally easy to use and is usually much more smooth than CV

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello and welcome to UtaForum!

If you're totally new to use UTAU then I recommend to start with CV voice banks first. CV is the simplest VB type what we have.

When you have more experience, then you can try out usually more smooth sounding voice bank types such like VCV and CVVC (don't worry about at this point that what are VCV and CVVC and how them works etc. Just start with CV now and learn to master it first.).

If you want simple and easy-to-use CV voice banks, I would recommend Kasane Teto (重音テト), Namine Ritsu (波音リツ), Yokune Ruko (欲音ルコ). And here are also few oversea UTAUs which have great CV VBs too (them might sound less or more accented but are still great): Kikyuune Aiko (気球音アイコ), Tsuki Hanabi (月花火) and Aki Hantsuki (半月アキ).

This UTAUs which I listed has great CV, you could start with them first?

If you have something, just reply to me. I hope that you will have fun with UTAU! C :

razielle

Momo's Minion
thank you so much, everyone! i can find vbs in lots of different places; is there one place with a collection of vbs, or do i just use their official sites (if they have them)? also, what does append/ed mean? i've heard it used to describe a few different vbs.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
thank you so much, everyone! i can find vbs in lots of different places; is there one place with a collection of vbs, or do i just use their official sites (if they have them)? also, what does append/ed mean? i've heard it used to describe a few different vbs.
http://utau.wiki/ is a great resource to find UTAU voicebanks--however, not all people put their voicebank on there. If they aren't on the wiki, then you'll need to go on their official site.

Thw concept of Appends come from Crypton's Append voicebanks for Miku, Len, and Rin. They are essentially different voicebanks of the same character to produce emotion or a different style of singing. For example, a voicebanks natural or "normal" tone might be more powerful and wouldnt fit a softer song. So the voice provider records the voicebank again, but in a softer or in a more "sweet" tone to get a voicebank of the same character that would fit a softer or ballad style song.

Appends are mostly used to enhance usage and increase emotion to get a more human-sounding result. As a result, many UTAU voicebank creators make Appends since it sounds cool it encourages more usage of their voicebanks and it increases the range of songs their UTAU can sing.