Converting usts on Mac?

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Since plugins don't work on UTAU Synth, is there some other obscure way to convert usts from romaji to hiragana and vice versa, or will it have to be done manually?
I am aware you can convert cv to vcv and vice versa automatically on UTAU Synth, which is handy but yeah.

KitsuneSweet

Momo's Minion
Yeah sadly you have to manually change Romaji to Hiragana, I've done it many times and I am a mac user too sooo yeah, it sucks XP

Reactions: Nohkara

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What I've managed to do is install PC UTAU on Mac using Wineskin, so I'm able to do things like convert USTs using plugins. However, UTAU-Synth USTs tend not to open correctly inside PC UTAU, since they don't have rest notes. The best thing I can think of to make sure USTs open correctly is to manually add rest notes in UTAU-Synth first.

I wish I was able to redistribute my wine wrapper, but UTAU is shareware :U

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What I've managed to do is install PC UTAU on Mac using Wineskin, so I'm able to do things like convert USTs using plugins. However, UTAU-Synth USTs tend not to open correctly inside PC UTAU, since they don't have rest notes. The best thing I can think of to make sure USTs open correctly is to manually add rest notes in UTAU-Synth first.

I wish I was able to redistribute my wine wrapper, but UTAU is shareware :U
*pssttt!* How did you wrap PC UTAU in Wineskin? I want to know!

I hate having to change romaji to hiragana... It's super irritating. I wish mac users were able to use plugins with UTAU :sad: Atleast I figured out how to do CV-VCV in USTS

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Technically, some one should be able to make a .sh script file to find and replace the hiragana and replace it with romaji... It should be fairly easy.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*pssttt!* How did you wrap PC UTAU in Wineskin? I want to know!

Eh, It's the same as installing anything else in wineskin, it's just that you need to put this in.
upload_2016-3-3_20-25-25.png
Code:
export LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8

Basically to put it in Japanese locale. This is how I got OREMO set up, so you could download wineskin oremo from utaforum resources and copy that wineskin.