Cottonloids

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh wow! She sounds great! And that pic is cute! Youre getting better! But, is that YOUR voice? Its too pretty for a dude!
yes it is my voice I know how to manipulate my vocals without auto tune and stuff

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well she does sound nice but looking at her oto it does need lots of work still so I'm gunna adjust it and see how that makes her sound.

Also, when you cover a song that is not an original by you, it is common courtesy in this fandom to credit the original song producer and the UST maker whose UST you used. Whenever you do anything with someone elses work, always always credit them; it's only fair cause they don't have to release those things like off vocals and USTs/VSQs for you to use.

EDIT: It also just dawned on me she isn't aliased. That is very important cause not all USTs are in romaji ;; I'll fix that too it's not hard.

Last edited:

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well she does sound nice but looking at her oto it does need lots of work still so I'm gunna adjust it and see how that makes her sound.

Also, when you cover a song that is not an original by you, it is common courtesy in this fandom to credit the original song producer and the UST maker whose UST you used. Whenever you do anything with someone elses work, always always credit them; it's only fair cause they don't have to release those things like off vocals and USTs/VSQs for you to use.

EDIT: It also just dawned on me she isn't aliased. That is very important cause not all USTs are in romaji ;; I'll fix that too it's not hard.

She has a japanese voicebank for one and I put the disclaimer "I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!"

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
But then, how would the ust maker know someone was using his thing? If I was releasing usts, it would be because I want them used and I want to know they are being used. Like how I stalk my SC for listens....

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
She has a japanese voicebank for one and I put the disclaimer "I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!"

Yes....so if her voicebank is in Japanese it should stand that she should have hiragana aliases?? Aliases are not for another language. It's so that the file can be read properly in more ways than one. So for example the sample "a". With no alias you'll only be able to use romaji USTs but if you put in hiragana aliases she'll be able to read "あ" as well as "a", do you understand? So it'll save you the trouble of having to convert USTs all the time and you'll be able to use romaji and hiragana USTs no problem.

And that is not giving credit, it's not enough. You need to actually put down:

Original Song by -insert producer here-
UST(or VSQ whatever you used) by -insert the ust maker here-

If saying "I DON'T OWN ANYTHING" was enough, dear, I wouldn't have said anything. In fact, a lot of UST makers find that very lazy, rude, and get upset when not credited properly. So just take a few minutes out of your day to credit properly, please.

BTW, I finished re-otoing AND aliasing her and here is the final result:

Alright, the first part is your oto the second is mine. Notice how she holds notes much better on mine? You were not giving the UTAU program much to work with in terms of stretching notes. Here's a basic layman's understanding of a basic CV oto:

Blue - This stuff cuts off what you don't want to hear. So empty space in front and at the end of the sound. Also when the sound starts to trail off should probably be cut off.

Pink - This is where your consonant and a little bit of the vowel part of the sound goes. Whatever is covered by the pink does NOT get stretched in UTAU. A lot of your sounds had a lot of pink on them so they got cut off when held for long notes.

Green Line - This goes in the middle of your consonant.

Red Line - This goes at the end of your consonants.

White - This stuff gets stretched. This is going to be roughly the middle of the sound.

People oto CV UTAUs a bit differently when it comes to the vowels(a, i, u, e, o) and 'n'. The green line can also go at the beginning of the consonant but what I've listed is simple basics to get you started.

I would highly suggest you download well done CV UTAUs and reference their otos, friend. Amaicho has a lot of potential but you need to do some research in order to unlock this.

You had some sounds that were a very nice length(sha shi shu etc.) while others were insanely short like the shortest I've ever seen in an UTAU. So, I'd work on making the other notes as long as your "sha" samples.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't snap at me as if I don't know what I'm saying or doing. I've been here for four years now and have been in your shoes; I'm trying to help you make your UTAU better and make your time using her a bit easier. I'm not here because I enjoy making your life miserable or I just feel like being mean. I apologize if this all comes across as me being mean or thinking your UTAU sucks, really. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings from the bottom of my heart. I'm just trying to help you get better and keep people from getting angry with you for not crediting their hard work.

Last edited:

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yes....so if her voicebank is in Japanese it should stand that she should have hiragana aliases?? Aliases are not for another language. It's so that the file can be read properly in more ways than one. So for example the sample "a". With no alias you'll only be able to use romaji USTs but if you put in hiragana aliases she'll be able to read "あ" as well as "a", do you understand? So it'll save you the trouble of having to convert USTs all the time and you'll be able to use romaji and hiragana USTs no problem.

And that is not giving credit, it's not enough. You need to actually put down:

Original Song by -insert producer here-
UST(or VSQ whatever you used) by -insert the ust maker here-

If saying "I DON'T OWN ANYTHING" was enough, dear, I wouldn't have said anything. In fact, a lot of UST makers find that very lazy, rude, and get upset when not credited properly. So just take a few minutes out of your day to credit properly, please.

BTW, I finished re-otoing AND aliasing her and here is the final result:

Alright, the first part is your oto the second is mine. Notice how she holds notes much better on mine? You were not giving the UTAU program much to work with in terms of stretching notes. Here's a basic layman's understanding of a basic CV oto:

Blue - This stuff cuts off what you don't want to hear. So empty space in front and at the end of the sound. Also when the sound starts to trail off should probably be cut off.

Pink - This is where your consonant and a little bit of the vowel part of the sound goes. Whatever is covered by the pink does NOT get stretched in UTAU. A lot of your sounds had a lot of pink on them so they got cut off when held for long notes.

Green Line - This goes in the middle of your consonant.

Red Line - This goes at the end of your consonants.

White - This stuff gets stretched. This is going to be roughly the middle of the sound.

People oto CV UTAUs a bit differently when it comes to the vowels(a, i, u, e, o) and 'n'. The green line can also go at the beginning of the consonant but what I've listed is simple basics to get you started.

I would highly suggest you download well done CV UTAUs and reference their otos, friend. Amaicho has a lot of potential but you need to do some research in order to unlock this.

You had some sounds that were a very nice length(sha shi shu etc.) while others were insanely short like the shortest I've ever seen in an UTAU. So, I'd work on making the other notes as long as your "sha" samples.

I'd appreciate it if didn't snap at me as if I don't know what I'm saying or doing. I've been here for four years now and have been in your shoes; I'm trying to help you make your UTAU better and make your time using her a bit easier. I'm not here because I enjoy making your life miserable or I just feel like being mean. I apologize if this all comes across as me being mean or thinking your UTAU sucks, really. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings from the bottom of my heart. I'm just trying to help you get better and keep people from getting angry with you for not crediting their hard work.

I'm not mad but I tried to name the aliases but it kept resetting and the oto tutorial I watched said to put it where it was stable and that's what I did

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Take this. Put it into your UTAUs voice file(so yes replace the oto) and see how it sounds and also if the aliases stick. If there are any problems let me know cause I know mediafire may or may not mess up the hiragana ;;

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Take this. Put it into your UTAUs voice file(so yes replace the oto) and see how it sounds and also if the aliases stick. If there are any problems let me know cause I know mediafire may or may not mess up the hiragana ;;
it worked :sad: but I kind of liked the oto I made but yours is better though

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad it worked. There's nothing wrong with having pride in your work, I understand that and it can kinda hurt when someone tells you your hard work isn't good enough...but there's no shame in admitting you still have stuff to learn. We've all been in your position before(just look at the "Your UTAU over the years" thread OTL ). And there's nothing wrong with getting help from others, okay?? ouo Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it or better yet if someone offers it.

I really can't wait to see how Amaicho and her family and friends progress, good luck~

Reactions: FluoroLime

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad it worked. There's nothing wrong with having pride in your work, I understand that and it can kinda hurt when someone tells you your hard work isn't good enough...but there's no shame in admitting you still have stuff to learn. We've all been in your position before(just look at the "Your UTAU over the years" thread OTL ). And there's nothing wrong with getting help from others, okay?? ouo Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it or better yet if someone offers it.

I really can't wait to see how Amaicho and her family and friends progress, good luck~
ok thx

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah....the oto definitely helps. Your next step should be working on those note lengths and pronunciation. And your consonants could stand to be more clear. But at least you've been put in the right direction. I still recommend downloading well done CV UTAU and using their otos as a reference, too.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Yeah....the oto definitely helps. Your next step should be working on those note lengths and pronunciation. And your consonants could stand to be more clear. But at least you've been put in the right direction. I still recommend downloading well done CV UTAU and using their otos as a reference, too.
her ACT 2 will be better (I am getting tired of people saying "longer notes are better" I watched a tutorial that said to do short notes and now I know you are suppose to do long notes.)

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
People can only work with what you give them. If you give us short notes how are we supposed to know you know they're not good?? It sounds like this is something people have been telling you for a while though(cause I only told you once I believe) and your "sha", "shi", "shu", etc sounds are a nice length. So, I'm kinda wondering how long exactly have you known long notes are better? Cause if you knew before releasing Amaicho, I don't understand why you didn't just fix the problem before releasing her...versus waiting for her Act 2, ya know?

But if it's something that you learned after the fact then it can't be helped.

Last edited:

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
People can only work with what you give them. If you give us short notes how are we supposed to know you know they're not good?? It sounds like this is something people have been telling you for a while though(cause I only told you once I believe) and your "sha", "shi", "shu", etc sounds are a nice length. So, I'm kinda wondering how long exactly have you known long notes are better? Cause if you knew before releasing Amaicho, I don't understand why you didn't just fix the problem before releasing her...versus waiting for her Act 2, ya know?

But if it's something that you learned after the fact then it can't be helped.
I learned it after the voicebank was done and I had to replace some notes so I did longer for the new replacements

IrisFlower

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, but if you learned before actually releasing her then you could've still fixed them you know what I'm saying? It's not like some all powerful UTAU entity is going to punish you if you don't release on your scheduled date the worst that's gunna happen is you're gunna feel a bit bad but in the end it's all for the best. If you could fix those sounds you could've fixed the others and people wouldn't be constantly telling you to make long notes.

I mean I was months late on Iris's English bank xD Just remember for next time, if it means improving your bank just fix it right then and there even if it means being a little late on release. It'll just save you some grief in the end.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Okay, but if you learned before actually releasing her then you could've still fixed them you know what I'm saying? It's not like some all powerful UTAU entity is going to punish you if you don't release on your scheduled date the worst that's gunna happen is you're gunna feel a bit bad but in the end it's all for the best. If you could fix those sounds you could've fixed the others and people wouldn't be constantly telling you to make long notes.

I mean I was months late on Iris's English bank xD Just remember for next time, if it means improving your bank just fix it right then and there even if it means being a little late on release. It'll just save you some grief in the end.
I am now taking my time to make the other voicebanks