Critique my mixing and tuning, please ; 0 ;

M. Enini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

HELLLO I'm new to utau forums so if i make a mistake formatting this im sorry xd but i was wondering you guys can help see what i should improve for my mix and other problems for the timing and tuning that i did !! it'd help out a lot thanks !!! i add extra improvs like the long aaa bc i was inspired by another cover of 7/8 (mora's)
EDIT: i use a program called mixpad to mix so it explain a lot bc its pretty bad

Last edited:
Reactions: RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
:0 I think the non-chorus parts might be better in a lower octave so the chorus is more striking. It sounds a bit squealy at some parts, so. Also some of the "aa" parts seem off time (though they're improv so they don't exactly have to be a certain time but I guess off beat?)

Also the "aa"s during the quiet part might sound better with a softer append of hers. It might also help to add harms.

On the mixing, I'd say it sounds kind of odd but I'm not sure exactly what it is making it odd? I'd say just adding reverb and equalizing the vocals with the music would be just fine for this song.

On the tuning, I'd say it sounds fine :uhuhu:

Reactions: M. Enini

M. Enini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
:0 I think the non-chorus parts might be better in a lower octave so the chorus is more striking. It sounds a bit squealy at some parts, so. Also some of the "aa" parts seem off time (though they're improv so they don't exactly have to be a certain time but I guess off beat?)

Also the "aa"s during the quiet part might sound better with a softer append of hers. It might also help to add harms.

On the mixing, I'd say it sounds kind of odd but I'm not sure exactly what it is making it odd? I'd say just adding reverb and equalizing the vocals with the music would be just fine for this song.

On the tuning, I'd say it sounds fine :uhuhu:

THANK YOU so MUCH !!! ; o ;

M. Enini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

I redid the tuning and the mix to see if there's little improvement