Crossfade removes the following note's consonant. Fixes?

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So I'm working on a UST and I noticed that a consonant that originally worked perfectly fine would slur or nearly disappear when I applied crossfade to the note before it. I tried emphasizing the consonant in the note's envelope and increasing the consonant velocity, which helped a little bit, but the consonant is still almost lost in the previous note. Which is strange, because I thought crossfade only affects the space between the selected note and the one before it, not the one after it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is a matter of the OTO. In the OTO, everything that comes before the green line gets crossfaded with the previous sample. If you want less of the consonant to get blended into it (esp for certain consonants like k/t/p where it's important to hear them) then move the overlap back.

Reactions: na4a4a

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This is a matter of the OTO. In the OTO, everything that comes before the green line gets crossfaded with the previous sample. If you want less of the consonant to get blended into it (esp for certain consonants like k/t/p where it's important to hear them) then move the overlap back.
Ah, okay! Thank you!