CV VC English

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
  As a CVVC English user I would like to express my thoughts and opinions on the new introduction to the overseas community. Though the reclist was released about a year ago, I feel that it's still a new field for many users. Especially considering the fact that of the thousands of people in the overseas fandom, I can only account for about seven users who either own an CV VC voicebank. I would love to see a more increase in the rise of bilingual utauloids that just sticking to the basic Japanese language.
  However, I believe that the only way for there to be an increase in the rise of English voicebanks would be the entice factors; in other words the ust. . There aren't an adequate amount of ust makers for CV VC voicebanks, and most of the ust. you see may be just edited from a pre-existing Japanese one. I'm sure if there we ust. of songs like these specified for English CV VC voicebanks.
【Chaz】Mr.Music English【Vocaloid - Self-Chorus 1=7】
Kagamine Rin - Cosmic Star (English Cover) [JoyDreamer]
ENGLISH "Palette" Vocaloid (AmaLee)

Most of the ust. makers are only familiar with the usage japanese CV and VCV voicebanks, and the English voicebanks may appear "greek to" them as nmasa01 would say.

This also would apply to any voicebanks used for other languages such and Spanish, French, or Portuguese. So I guess my overall message is that the amount of usts. available affects the amount of users. I hope in the future us seven will multiply into hundreds!

What are your thoughts on CV VC English?

Ayumiya

Momo's Minion
CVVC English... At the moment, I sometimes try to record a little bit of Chezzie's reclist. I finally got past the vowel blends today, they were SO hard! X_X

I think most of the English CVVC utauloids sound *very* understandable, I really like Cz.  :love:

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
-likes-
I love the how well cvvc banks blend.

...and how small the lite list is and the ease-of-use when it comes to working with them...
I don't see what the issue is with people an don't being able to read the reclist...
-dislikes-
but that full list is long ;-;
----comments----
after I make my japanese voicebank, I'm going to record an english one...

the only problem is that I want to make it AT-LEAST bi-pitch so no full list for me...

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
@Ayumiya So you're working on one :3?

@JeremyB796 The full reclist is super long. At first I thought the lite reclist was the full but then when I saw the actual one I was overwhelmed XC.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm working on 2-3 CV-VC english thingies at any given moment. I'll let you know when I actually finish something XD;;

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, I think CV VC is very interesting. I've tried using it before, and the english is MUCH easier to use than Vocaloid. Dear god Tonio makes me want to cry in how little sense his phoneme names make compared to CV VC English. Only problem I had with it was how hard it was to hear consonant endings in the middle of phrases, but I guess that's something that varies from bank to bank.

I've been considering it, but the fact that it's so long and I have UTAUs and USTs to release and work on in Japanese...I'll wait until way later. XD

Oh, one thing I've been thinking about with it is that I wish it was easier to find the banks (Well, I like to use Full mainly). Like a list somewhere of all of them. All I know is the bigger names like Tony and Cz and Halt, I'd like to know more for more voice types (Can't find any high females for example). We'll probably organize that eventually as more come to exist.

In terms of USTs, I know my friend Cola is really interested in making them, me not as much, but we are planning to do a collab and make a CV VC English UST or two. dunno if she wants to let me say the names i mean it's not a huge secret But we'll wait until after the holidays, got Secret Santa stuff to do.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
shinami link said:
Ah, I think CV VC is very interesting. I've tried using it before, and the english is MUCH easier to use than Vocaloid. Dear god Tonio makes me want to cry in how little sense his phoneme names make compared to CV VC English. Only problem I had with it was how hard it was to hear consonant endings in the middle of phrases, but I guess that's something that varies from bank to bank.

I've been considering it, but the fact that it's so long and I have UTAUs and USTs to release and work on in Japanese...I'll wait until way later. XD

Oh, one thing I've been thinking about with it is that I wish it was easier to find the banks (Well, I like to use Full mainly). Like a list somewhere of all of them. All I know is the bigger names like Tony and Cz and Halt, I'd like to know more for more voice types (Can't find any high females for example). We'll probably organize that eventually as more come to exist.

In terms of USTs, I know my friend Cola is really interested in making them, me not as much, but we are planning to do a collab and make a CV VC English UST or two. dunno if she wants to let me say the names i mean it's not a huge secret But we'll wait until after the holidays, got Secret Santa stuff to do.

This is the CV VC EN utau's so far

Males
Tony Yonne (reminds me so much of Big Al!!!)
Onen
Cherry
Kyokusei Jiseki
Ongaku

Females
Cz
Lizett
Halt
Natalie Summer
Jani

Thats one thing I like about the voicebanks is that it the pronunciations differ from user to user. I, for example, suck at consonant endings because I really do not use them when I speak unless I'm speaking slow or emphasizing something. I hope to see users making ust for english voicebanks!! I would try, but my ust. making skills suck.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
^ Adding to that list:

Female
Soledi renje
Kiya Caramella

Male
Piper K.
Beat okamine

I'm probably forgetting some.

But wow, there are so few. :sad: I could've sworn I knew more than that. Not to mention a good portion of them are unreleased.

@Shinami, there aren't any high females, which is pretty disappointing because I love that voice type. I feel like most (all?) English 'loids are of the low or mid range.

Cheese

cured meat enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Konane Sutikku has CV-VC English . vuv And I'm recording OTOME english soon.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Cheese link said:
Konane Sutikku has CV-VC English . vuv And I'm recording OTOME english soon.

If you record OTOME English.

I will love you forever.

Five ever.

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
@Shinami, there aren't any high females, which is pretty disappointing because I love that voice type. I feel like most (all?) English 'loids are of the low or mid range.

I know right? But you also have to look at it as not only a language thing, but cultural. Most western female voices are mid range or low as compared to more eastern in which high pitch voices are considered cute. English is not really a "cute" language and we have small amount of pitch ranges when we speak (if you can understand what I'm trying to say XD)

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
OngakuCD link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=4181.msg29928#msg29928 date=1353554653]

I know right? But you also have to look at it as not only a language thing, but cultural. Most western female voices are mid range or low as compared to more eastern in which high pitch voices are considered cute. English is not really a "cute" language and we have small amount of pitch ranges when we speak (if you can understand what I'm trying to say XD)
[/quote]

Yeah, you're right. I think it'd be hard to voice act through all the samples if it's too far from your base voice.

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
What is this "OTOME" english... also I need to look at a few more of those CV VC, right now I only have Halt, CZ, Natalie...  Beat and ... erm... actually I think at the moment Beat is the only male English CV VCer I have.....  Not counting the Ritsu CVVC since it's more like the old "English compatible sample" thing.

Wait do I have Tony's  CV VC lite... I might...

KiraMoo

Teto's Territory
I'm going to make a CVVC voicebank in the coming months, or at least try my best, due to my silly boyfriend getting after me for "copying songs" by making covers and I can't make an original song with my limited Japanese knowledge. XD

I found one reclist on, I think it's the old forums?  Anybody have some suggestions for a noob?

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ahh, I agree, I really enjoy using CV VC English, and I think it would be great if more UTAU users took an interest in it. There really aren't very many English UTAUs or USTs out there, and I definitely think more USTs would inspire more people to make English UTAUloids.

Cdra is keeping a database of CV VC English USTs here, so if you're looking for USTs that's a good place to start. She's also got a thread where you can mention any English USTs you've made or that you know of that aren't in the database yet.

As far as high female voices go, Mona has a work-in-progress English CV VC bank, which will probably be released early next year. Also, I know Hatsu Mani had an English bank at one point, but her owner's computer's hard drive crashed and all of her progress was lost. That said, I'm not sure when she'll be finished / whether or not Kuro has started up work on her English bank again. ;;

@Cheese - An English bank for OTOME would be like the cutest thing ever, ohmigosh, do want. *o*

@KiraMoo - Here are PaintedCz's reclists: [link] (Click the name of the reclist you want to use and it'll link you to it.)
If you're looking for the easiest list to record, I would recommend the LITE reclist. But, if you're willing to go the extra mile to make a bank that's especially fluent and easy to use, I think you should go for one of the FULL lists. (The FULL lists contain the same sounds, but the unstringed list is easier to record while the stringed list requires less samples.)
Whichever list you choose, be sure to read all of the information about it there to make sure you know how to record the reclists before you begin. I hope that helped~ ouo/

KiraMoo

Teto's Territory
@NicolaCola: That was a HUGE help!  I just considered doing this a short while ago and was extremely clueless.  Expect to see me in the scene in the coming months. :D

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
KaelemGaen link said:
What is this \"OTOME\" english... also I need to look at a few more of those CV VC, right now I only have Halt, CZ, Natalie...  Beat and ... erm... actually I think at the moment Beat is the only male English CV VCer I have.....  Not counting the Ritsu CVVC since it's more like the old \"English compatible sample\" thing.

Wait do I have Tony's  CV VC lite... I might...

OTOME is his UTAU's name.

By the way, what kind of songs would people like USTs for? Vocaloid covers, pop songs, etc.? I can never think of songs to cover (that have instrumentals orz).

OngakuCD

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
By the way, what kind of songs would people like USTs for? Vocaloid covers, pop songs, etc.? I can never think of songs to cover (that have instrumentals orz).

Kinda like the songs I posted in the thread. It would be English covers of vocaloid, k-pop, American music or anything you can make an English adaptation to.

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
OngakuCD link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=4181.msg29960#msg29960 date=1353595348]

Kinda like the songs I posted in the thread. It would be English covers of vocaloid, k-pop, American music or anything you can make an English adaptation to.
[/quote]

I'd love that English version of Mr. Music! That was really cute!
But yeah, just English conversions of Vocaloid songs.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I actually tried to do a mr. music cover a long long time ago, when I was a nooblet at using CV VC English, and I couldn't figure it out. Maybe I should revisit that one day...

Anyway, I was looking at the reclists. The Lite one is only 167 samples? Damn, I could do that in a weekend. Alright, totally recording an English whisper append. ヾ( ^ω^)ノ