CV VC Japanese UST Converter

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
YOU GUYS THIS IS A REALLY GOOD THING. デルタ (Delta) made this awesome plugin for converting CV (or VCV actually) usts to CV VC Japanese!

So, if you've ever considered using/making a CV VC Japanese bank (not the same as a CV VC English, mind) this plugin will come in super handy. It reads a dictionary and adds VC notes of set sizes to the ust to match that. It comes with dictionaries for Shouha's and Ritsu's CV VC styles, but since I use a slightly different style from either of those, I made my own dictionary files that I'll also distribute.

The Plugin (Delta's mediafire) : http://www.mediafire.com/?1ay55vnghmty5
cdrastyle dictionary (Romaji + Hiragana; assumes NO VCV): http://pastebin.com/K0Lm5s9w
cdrastyle dictionary (Romaji + Hiragana; ASSUMES VCV FOR H [that includes fu/ふ], W, and Y): http://pastebin.com/wr9vuEdS
Just put them in the "preset" folder inside the plugin folder, after you unzip the plugin.

So, on the topic of my dictionaries, they go with what I would consider the most intuitive setup for overseas users making CVVC banks (ie, the consonants are labeled as exactly what they would be in romaji). It isn't too hard to make a dictionary file, so if you need help with a custom one just ask.

Brief tutorial about using the plugin for people who can't read Japanese:
  • Select the notes you want to CV VC-ify and choose the plugin.
  • The plugin window looks like this: http://gyazo.com/d872d96a769599b5efa16445a075770e The stuff in the left window determines vowels, and the stuff in the right window determines consonants. You shouldn't have to edit the left window at all.
  • To select a new dictionary file, go to the drop-down menu where it says "default" and click the name of the one you want. Then, click the button just to the right of the menu (not to the far right!) to load that dictionary.
  • The main thing you'll want to note here is the bottom drop-down, which says something about "64" here. That's how large the VC note will be for that type of consonant. My dictionaries default to 1/32 note for all consonants except r; you might want to change this. To change it for that consonant type, select the new note length value from the drop-down menu and click the MIDDLE button beneath the menu. This will save that change to the dictionary.
  • Don't set anything else, just click the button at the bottom right--not the one at the far right, but the one on the left. It's the one that does NOT say "kyanseru" (Cancel). If you want to cancel the plugin, click that button.
  • Voila, your selected notes will be CV VC'd!
The plugin will also convert any notes not in its dictionary as consonants to VCV, which means it will VCV your vowels for you! It also adds "i R" type sounds when it finds a rest, so it adds vowel fade-outs too! It's really a nice plugin. I only wish it didn't ignore lite VCV in usts, but whatever.

Happy CV VCing, I hope this makes it easier for you all to use CV VC Japanese voicebanks! I think CV VC Japanese is a great voicebank style for running tests and for making small banks that sound really smooth, so I'm really thrilled with this plugin.

Thanks to Halo for finding this thing!

Reactions: Skiyoshi 十三

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Woah, neat. I don't know of that many CV VC voicebanks, but this looks super helpful.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hopefully now that there's a plugin, more people will make them! :D (note: Halt and Bari's "CV" banks are fully-functional CV VC banks, so I'm totally thrilled about it)

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
I wonder why google is throwing up a "This may be malicious" on the 1.23 versions of the CVVC Plugins from Delta's page, though I did notice that they don't have an "upload name" on em.

glenny45

Momo's Minion
I'm in a need of a bit of help with this plugin. I recently changed laptop and transferred all my utau stuff for one laptop to the other. I had this plugin working on my previous laptop with my utauloid but in this new one whenever i hit ok in the plugin, nothing happens. any idea what might have happened?

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It could be the kind of UTAU program you're using. I know that on 4.18e, it didn't work. I know that it does work on 2.76. However I have to run it under, run as administrator.(Possible reason #1) A
lso make sure you don't have the "do VC by oto.ini" button checked or it may not do anything. (Possible reason #2)
Another thing is it may be your voice bank your using. Unless you're using a CVVC Japanese voice bank , you aren't going to be able to do certian things. For example using a CVVC bank and trying to get VCV, isn't going to work. However if you have a CVVC ust, and your using a VCV bank, going form CVVC to VCV can be done. (Possible reason #3)
It could be the list that's load. I really don't use the default list since it doesn't work for me. I use Cdra's hirgana and romaji list instead. (Possible reason #4)

Also what about it is not working, is it the entire thing, e.g. it's doing nothing? or is it something else?

Note: This has been based on my experience with UTAU, on a Windows 8 laptop.

How to get CVVC converter in English:
When you download newer versions of the plugin, it comes in with two text files. One says "text" and the other "text_eng".
After you extract the plugin folder, delete the one that says "text".
Now rename the one that says "text_eng" to "text".
Now put it in UTAU, it's in English.

If you have one of the older versions, delete your "text" file and get the "text_eng" from the newer ones.
Rename the "text_eng" to "text", and it will be in English.

Last edited:

glenny45

Momo's Minion
The actual programme loads up and i can select the dictionary and what settings i want. when i hit ok, nothing happens. i've been using the eve dictionary that came with the programme as my cvvc japanese voicebank uses the same reclist as Namine Ritsu's eve voicebank.

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know I said not to do this, but this may tell you what's wrong.
Check the "do VC based off oto.ini" . Click OK.
A white box should pop up. It should either say "error" or have some list of random seeming hiragana.
If you get hiragana in the box then close out and it should be working.
If you get error than the plugin your using is not compatible with UTAU or your Computer, however it mostly likely not compatible with UTAU.

(Also make sure you're testing this by highlighting some part of a ust you want to convert)

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
It seems the two cdrastyle dictionaries download links don't work anymore. Are they re-upploaded somewhere else?
screen shot of what the site shows.
cf76385fc56590dd1ab368937e4e4ae5.png

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was having trouble with this plugin, & after some experimentation concluded that the executable crashes if it's not run on a Japanese locale system. It flashes an error window very briefly before crashing; by running a video capture on my desktop I was able to grab it:
dgj6xvi.png

I suppose there's not much chance of getting this fixed since it probably requires that the executable be recompiled. But does anyone know where/how I can contact the author of this plugin? Thanks.

Aux

Teto's Territory
How do you add more Voice Banks to the list? The UTAU I'm using isn't showing up.

ArtsyP!nk

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I put in the reclist used for my CVVC utau (If that's what I'm supposed to do), but everytime I try to use the plugin, I get this error message. Is there a fix for this issue?

Error screen.jpg