CVVC English Recording -- American or British?

songzombie

Momo's Minion
There is sort of a "standard" called General American (it's described to be 'the most neutral'). However, like Received Pronunciation (what people generally think of as "British"), it's not the "dominant" accent.

Also I can't resist the urge to nitpick, but there's so many accents in England alone that there's no one "British" accent (I bet some Scots would be angry that anyone would lump them with us English LOL), and a Welsh accent is very different than the accent in my area. I guess this is common knowledge now but in a fandom where knowledge about the phonetics of language is pretty important, I do find it odd that people keep saying "British accent".

Okay that was really off topic, I'm sorry.
Here's my 2c, if you have a preference for an accent, go for it. If you find doing the other accent difficult, don't force it and do it with your natural accent. If you want versatility, go with that General American accent because even British singers switch to a vague American accent when they sing (see: nearly every contestant on the X-Factor or Pop Idol ever). I think we do that because it's more "accurate" to the original singer's tone.