Deceased:How To Talk To Your UTAU About Being Known As Dead?

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
(Skip down to the italics if you don't care why I'm asking.)

M'kay, so this probably sounds weird and crazy if you don't know what I'm doing. So here's a link to the thread explaining my crazy idea:
http://utaforum.net/threads/help-me-form-my-utau-school.12387/
(I don't wish to accept anymore "students" right now, but if you have a nice idea for the school, lemme know on that thread, please. I haven't done much yet since I haven't thought it all out yet. ^.^; )

Now then, as you probably read, I'm thinking of doing a school skit with some UTAU and treating them like students since... Well, read the thread! >.<
One of them may be known as deceased though-that being Tony Yonne, so if you know whether he's okay or not, please let me know. I really need his voice or one similar to it in English-and I thought about making a sort of joke of it and hiding him in the classroom closet in case his creator comes back and wanted him to fade away.
However, I kind of wanted to also talk to the UTAU about it because I'm crazy-I mean-I feel like that would add a bit more to my time with them and it'd make things seem more real since there is a chance they may not last the whole year.
And since many told me they think of them as their children, I feel I should ask the "parents" before I talk to their "kids" about serious topics as a "teacher".

So my question is, how would you go about telling your UTAU about the topic of becoming deceased if you could sit down and discuss it with them?

Again, sounds insane, but I wanna know. Also, I haven't taken a role like this before, even if it's for fun I still care about characters-especially other's characters-and I want to know more about how to work with them. I'll probably post more weird questions like this in the future. ^.^;
Until then~

Reactions: CRTブラック

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
Well gee, picturing that I'm sure they'd be pretty upset, I might not tell them at all and try to keep it from them so they can relax until they "fade away" so to speak

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Well gee, picturing that I'm sure they'd be pretty upset, I might not tell them at all and try to keep it from them so they can relax until they "fade away" so to speak
Yeah, but I dunno... I mean, if one of them does end up being discontinued, I kind of want to be straight with them about why they're not there anymore. On the other hand, I could just tell them they got Night Fever and can't attend class. X3
I don't know, I'm just asking how the creators feel about it since I don't make UTAU myself. With my own characters though...Well, they already know. ^.^;

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
Yeah, but I dunno... I mean, if one of them does end up being discontinued, I kind of want to be straight with them about why they're not there anymore. On the other hand, I could just tell them they got Night Fever and can't attend class. X3
I don't know, I'm just asking how the creators feel about it since I don't make UTAU myself. With my own characters though...Well, they already know. ^.^;

Ah, yeah It would probably be best to not be deceitful with them but with mine he'd be really sad and y'know, cry and stuff and would say he still wants to sing and ask what he did wrong and promise he'll be better and like I probably couldn't handle it lel > 3<

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
Ah, yeah It would probably be best to not be deceitful with them but with mine he'd be really sad and y'know, cry and stuff and would say he still wants to sing and ask what he did wrong and promise he'll be better and like I probably couldn't handle it lel > 3<
Oh, my God that sounds so sad. I would cry too. TwT Likely I'll just say it happens to some UTAU, but I won't make them feel like it's bound to happen to them. It depends on the creator and the fans, really.

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
Oh, my God that sounds so sad. I would cry too. TwT Likely I'll just say it happens to some UTAU, but I won't make them feel like it's bound to happen to them. It depends on the creator and the fans, really.
That possibility makes utau life sound really bleak now that i think about it

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
That possibility makes utau life sound really bleak now that i think about it
Yeah. That just 'cause your creator loses interest or just can or won't continue working with you anymore, you can stop mattering and existing. In that case, I really hope fan works count as keeping a UTAU "alive" since fans feelings should matter just as much. In that case, I'd do whatever I could to keep the UTAU I work with and appreciate alive and relevant.

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
Yeah. That just 'cause your creator loses interest or just can or won't continue working with you anymore, you can stop mattering and existing. In that case, I really hope fan works count as keeping a UTAU "alive" since fans feelings should matter just as much. In that case, I'd do whatever I could to keep the UTAU I work with and appreciate alive and relevant.
I like to think so, (I guess that means Matsudappoiyo lives >:uhuhu:)
It'd still be kinda like they're, idk, homeless or something though

RaccoonButler

Defender of Defoko
Hmm, maybe more like they're in a coma until their creator returns to them?
Oh, but then they might be in a coma forever-
I think it's nicer to imagine they're homeless but hop around with the help of users, rip

HowlingWolf15

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I see it as they would continue on even after their creator stops using them just going about their daily lives and singing time from time

Reactions: SOHBlue

adriann

Ye Olde Fart
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
This is a really interesting philosophical question. How do you tell your creation that it will stop functioning as it had once, more or less? And how would that creation react so to speak. Huhn. Cool! Asking the real questions. :D
I'm always interested in the kind of "conversation" artists/creators have with their art/creations. (I don't think it's crazy at all!)
I personally developed this really tight inter-disciplinary type relationship with my art, so to me my "UTAU character" isn't JUST a voice folder or a "character" but an extension of my expression? If that makes sense? So I can't imagine at this point ever really... disconnecting from that connection, if that makes sense...

That being said, I've had projects with friends kind of never come to fruition and I wonder!! It must have been sad, from the point of view of the creation, to have been proposed and even worked on, but then never see completion... Wow... ! Not good thoughts for people who have trouble finishing things, haha. If you ever felt bad about not finishing something this kind of thinking would make one feel worse LOL! (But then again... that's only if you grew attached to said unfinished work...)

Interesting philosophical question, @SOHBlue :D

SOHBlue

Master of Doom
Defender of Defoko
This is a really interesting philosophical question. How do you tell your creation that it will stop functioning as it had once, more or less? And how would that creation react so to speak. Huhn. Cool! Asking the real questions. :D
I'm always interested in the kind of "conversation" artists/creators have with their art/creations. (I don't think it's crazy at all!)
I personally developed this really tight inter-disciplinary type relationship with my art, so to me my "UTAU character" isn't JUST a voice folder or a "character" but an extension of my expression? If that makes sense? So I can't imagine at this point ever really... disconnecting from that connection, if that makes sense...

That being said, I've had projects with friends kind of never come to fruition and I wonder!! It must have been sad, from the point of view of the creation, to have been proposed and even worked on, but then never see completion... Wow... ! Not good thoughts for people who have trouble finishing things, haha. If you ever felt bad about not finishing something this kind of thinking would make one feel worse LOL! (But then again... that's only if you grew attached to said unfinished work...)

Interesting philosophical question, @SOHBlue :D
Oh, my God a like minded person! I also treat my art and characters like my second family. ^.^ And yeah, now that I think about it, it must feel awful for the creations that never came to life. But for me and my characters, like with Stephen King and his stories, they just sort of come to my mind and stick around until I bring them to life in the waking world. The manga I'm making is sort of about that.

It is really important to me since I had internally promised one of my characters as a child (they started as imaginary friends, really) that I'd make it so that that way I could live in my dreams and reality and not have to sacrifice one for the other. (Still think it's not crazy? >w<) To me I think of them as my people rather than dolls I named and dressed up to play a part in some drama of mine. They're their own person.

Anywho! UTAU wise and deceased, it really bothers me that they can "die" in a sense. But as HW said, it's more like they don't have a place to stay anymore so they bounce around with other users and sing for them occasionally. I just didn't know how to put it since I'm going to be playing this like a teacher to student relationship and wondered if I should let them know or not. For the time being, I think I'm just going to wait and see if Tony Yonne is deceased, and if he is I won't bother with it and just let things be.

Most of the 20 UTAU I'm working with are from here or are free to use and seem to be good to go, so I doubt one will go deceased during the school year. I might actually end up liking this skit I do though and want to accept another "class" and spend another year. But I dunno. Best not to get too attached since they're not mine and I can't control them... But I love Ruko! >w</ <3

At any rate, the whole point is to help them get noticed and stay relevant in return for helping to bring my characters to life with their voices. So long as that can be accomplished, things'll be fine I'm sure.

Thanks for your nice answer, Adriann! ^.^/