design critique?

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So I just re-designed my UTAU. Here's what he looks like:

plusminus.png

I tried to stay away from most of the cliches, but I don't know if that worked out. First I wanted his goggles to be 3D glasses, but I couldn't draw them resting on his head, so I just made them goggles. Also, I know heterochromia is super-cliche and not many people like it, but I think it adds to the design rather than subtracts from it (no pun intended :D).

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
I like the idea in general (the +/- thing) and I like your design, but I think it could use just a little bit more color. The white coat plus the white hair make him look a little too monochrome, if you know what I mean...:smile:

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
theLooneyLibrarian link said:
I like the idea in general (the +/- thing) and I like your design, but I think it could use just a little bit more color. The white coat plus the white hair make him look a little too monochrome, if you know what I mean...:smile:

Now that you mention it, I do see that. I tried to base him off of a magnet or battery of some kind. Maybe if I make his hair black? I don't want there to be too much contrast between the colors. Any suggestions?

theLooneyLibrarian

Teto's Territory
Maybe if I make his hair black? I don't want there to be too much contrast between the colors. Any suggestions?
Hmm, no, black wouldn't really help, since his trousers are black/grey already. I#d suggest yellow (similar to white) or purple (red+blue).

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
nightfrog9 link said:
the + over the blue - on his shirt could be merged to a red and blue +

You mean like having the horizontal line blue and the vertical line red? I think I like how it has both the plus and the minus sign there, though, it balances it out.

theLooneyLibrarian link said:
Maybe if I make his hair black? I don't want there to be too much contrast between the colors. Any suggestions?
Hmm, no, black wouldn't really help, since his trousers are black/grey already. I#d suggest yellow (similar to white) or purple (red+blue).

Ooh, purple might look nice. I'll try that out later.

I also have to start thinking of a name. He's going to be primarily an English CV VC UTAU, probably with a simple CV Japanese bank. Leaning against using Kanji in this case.