Design Feedback, Please?

Does this outfit look better with the color stripes or without? And how about the zipper?

• With stripes, without zipper

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Without stripes, with zipper

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • With both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With neither

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
****EDIT****
Hi again, all! Sorry it's taken so long, but I just finished the design changes. The new design, as voted, scraps the zipper but keeps the stripes. I also made it more symmetrical and changed the purple in her clothes to a muted dark blue to see if that would help the clashing problem a bit. Let me know what you think of the new design and whether the changes are improvements or not! I'm pretty satisfied with it now, I think, so this might wind up being the final design. Thank you again to everyone who gave me feedback! (And even more thanks to the people who offered to draw her!)

Modified (Final?) design:
TsugiNazoneNewPlusFullbodyChanges1_zps8mvwxjs7.png

(Just realized that the colors of her earpiece don't match in each view. The left one is the correct color scheme.)

Hi, guys! So, I completed a new design for an UTAU I had already made but plan on re-recording. I wasn't sure about a couple of things, though. Firstly, I don't know if I want to keep the zipper on her poncho or not, so I kept the closeup with a zipper and left it out on the fullbody. Also, I'm not sure if the blue and purple stripe borders on her poncho/frills are overdoing it, so I kept them on the fullbody but not on the closeup. What do you think? Any general feedback on her design would be appreciated, too.

TsugiNazoneNewDemo_zpsmqhvyo6g.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: melobuniiP

melobuniiP

Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you want it simple, I personally think that the zipper and the stripes has got to go. But it is your design and your fab UTAU c;
I love this concept!!
The frills are okay, Frills makes it more alive!! I like to design characters alot, so I know some stuff c:
I will draw your fab UTAU when you complete the final concept! :D

Reactions: TheEternalChild7

Mametchi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I like her design a lot, even though I'm not a big fan of frills, I think they're quite suiting for her. Though! I would make her design a bit more symmetrical, like making her cuffs the same and giving her a proper pair of weird sock tights. Also I would personally make the back of her shoes solid but that's just me.

Colour wise I would use a slightly less saturated purple, or just a different brand of purple in general, since it feels like it's fighting the blue a bit. Not a lot, just like, passive-aggressively arguing. It's making the family uncomfortable. Thanksgiving is ruined.

I'd love to draw her once you're done, too, if that's aright. c:

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I like her design a lot, even though I'm not a big fan of frills, I think they're quite suiting for her. Though! I would make her design a bit more symmetrical, like making her cuffs the same and giving her a proper pair of weird sock tights. Also I would personally make the back of her shoes solid but that's just me.

Colour wise I would use a slightly less saturated purple, or just a different brand of purple in general, since it feels like it's fighting the blue a bit. Not a lot, just like, passive-aggressively arguing. It's making the family uncomfortable. Thanksgiving is ruined.

I'd love to draw her once you're done, too, if that's aright. c:

"It's making the family uncomfortable" x'D I appreciate your metaphors. And thank you so much for offering to draw her! ^_^ That would be awesome!

I definitely see what you mean about the purple. It's just a difficult choice to change that up because I'm trying to do a new spin on an old character, and she originally had that shade of purple hair. I feel like if I used a different type of purple for the clothes than the hair, it would also look a bit... argumentative. I'll see if toning down the saturation a little will help, though. Or maybe if I change the blue... We'll see. And I'll definitely make it more symmetrical! I was a little iffy on throwing so much asymmetry in there to begin with.

Thanks a lot for your feedback :smile:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mametchi

Ryn

Momo's Minion
Very lovely design, the hair is cute! Like I really love that hair! And I really like the style of shorts- usually I only see short, tight ones (like what Ruby and Rin have.) These are very cute and charming.
As far as my vote goes, I'm not really a fan of the stripes, but I adore the zipper. I think it keeps the outfit simple enough but doesn't look bland to the eye. It also adds a bit of a different color to the whole scheme, without clashing. I'd say keep the zipper. :wink:

Hm...not sure how I feel about the frills. I generally like them...I think it has to do with the stripes. I think they'd look nicer with just one stripe, instead of two.
I also agree that a bit of symmetry would make the overall design a lot better! Two socks would be great, it looks odd only having one of those cool socks on. ;w;

Overall, I love the design! A few changed here and there would make it perfect, but she's very cute!

TheEternalChild7

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Very lovely design, the hair is cute! Like I really love that hair! And I really like the style of shorts- usually I only see short, tight ones (like what Ruby and Rin have.) These are very cute and charming.
As far as my vote goes, I'm not really a fan of the stripes, but I adore the zipper. I think it keeps the outfit simple enough but doesn't look bland to the eye. It also adds a bit of a different color to the whole scheme, without clashing. I'd say keep the zipper. :wink:

Hm...not sure how I feel about the frills. I generally like them...I think it has to do with the stripes. I think they'd look nicer with just one stripe, instead of two.
I also agree that a bit of symmetry would make the overall design a lot better! Two socks would be great, it looks odd only having one of those cool socks on. ;w;

Overall, I love the design! A few changed here and there would make it perfect, but she's very cute!

Thank you very much! :D Good points. So yup, definitely giving her two socks xD And I'll see if changing it to one stripe instead of two would help. Thanks for your feedback~!

**EDIT** Just so you all know, my changes to the design might take a while. I'm in the middle of final exams right now, and I don't finish until the 22nd. I might procrastinate on studying and work on design changes over the weekend, though. We'll see. :P

Last edited: