Offering Art DESIGN HELP PLEASE!!

PeriodicalUtau

Retired User
Retired User
Um HI so my last thread got deleted when the servers re-rolled, but it's okay. I need help coming up with a new design for Tree Sounds. I really like the current one but a lot of the community doesn't so I'm just gonna change it.
Here's a current design: http://sta.sh/01uskeltla8x

Here is what Tree came up with after reading some suggestions: http://sta.sh/01r7edzfzctp
TBH the "fixed" version looks really bad and plain. I still prefer the original over this, but you guys don't like it..
If someone comes up with a design that can capture the flashy-fun-ness of the original whilst still being appealing to the rest of the community, I'll pm you with some prize options. (I haven't got anything planned right now, but it might be a free oto or something like that idk.)

Reactions: Arissa

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Tree and I don't really see eye to eye, but I see potential in him and I want to help him the best I can. Yeah yeah, we don't get along, but I have a few ideas. I'll pm you them once I finish. This isn't a trick, I promise. I am a person of my word. I am not doing this to get information out of him or to further embarrass him. I actually want to help.

Reactions: PeriodicalUtau

PeriodicalUtau

Retired User
Retired User
Tree and I don't really see eye to eye, but I see potential in him and I want to help him the best I can. Yeah yeah, we don't get along, but I have a few ideas. I'll pm you them once I finish. This isn't a trick, I promise. I am a person of my word. I am not doing this to get information out of him or to further embarrass him. I actually want to help.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!

Milk

i like bad things
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Here's a thing I did

tree_redesign_by_cyclopschan-dbbbwex.png

the base art is a bit blurry, I couldn't get the image to open in MediBang so I had to screenshot it OTL
Sorry if I went a little overboard with the shading lol
I decided to make him look a bit skimpy, since I kinda liked that about his old design and it's not really something you see in many male UTAU.
Honestly, whatever design you end up going with, don't worry about making it appealing to the community unless it's a product that you're selling. Just go with something that you like :smile:

PeriodicalUtau

Retired User
Retired User
Here's a thing I did

tree_redesign_by_cyclopschan-dbbbwex.png

the base art is a bit blurry, I couldn't get the image to open in MediBang so I had to screenshot it OTL
Sorry if I went a little overboard with the shading lol
I decided to make him look a bit skimpy, since I kinda liked that about his old design and it's not really something you see in many male UTAU.
Honestly, whatever design you end up going with, don't worry about making it appealing to the community unless it's a product that you're selling. Just go with something that you like :smile:
I love it so much!!! <3 I really appreciate the resemblance it has to the original, whilst being something COMPLETELY different! (the top reminds me of MEIKO v2's top idk why lol)

Reactions: Milk

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
What is the general theme of this UTAU ?
I might come up with something but I'm confused. From what I've seen it's a super hero theme ?

PeriodicalUtau

Retired User
Retired User
What is the general theme of this UTAU ?
I might come up with something but I'm confused. From what I've seen it's a super hero theme ?
Kinda, if you want to enter you can, but I was just about to close this thread ;-;
(basically the design has been selected from the handful of entries. Sorry!)
He's from space, and he's a warrior. That's basically it. He's got 2 friends (one un-realeased) and they're robot/fairy things. lol

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Kinda, if you want to enter you can, but I was just about to close this thread ;-;
(basically the design has been selected from the handful of entries. Sorry!)
He's from space, and he's a warrior. That's basically it. He's got 2 friends (one un-realeased) and they're robot/fairy things. lol
Aaaah, it's okay, I will not enter then. I'm glad you found a design tho !

Reactions: PeriodicalUtau