Design Help

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
I've decided to stop working with a previous utau that I had (L'Aquila) and start a new one from scratch. I haven't recorded anything yet for her, but I've decided to try and change the way I record based on how I perceive my new utau to be. And I need your help.

I want the design to stand out and be original, unlike my other utaus design was.

So this is the tentative design. No colors yet. I figured that the colors there decide the personality too. So no neon colors if I decide that she's shy. Which I doubt she'll be. Anyways.

Here it is. In the attachment.

I just need help with the design. Like I said I want it to be original, and I'm not sure if this design shows that? I like it so far, but I'd love to know what I should do with it. Like, add more detail, losses up on something else, etc. It'd be great if I could get some help with the personality. From the pose or the clothes, what do you think she'd act like?

I have an idea, but I don't want the clothes and the personality to clash. That's why I'm asking. 8 );

Attachments

• Qal\'a Design.jpg
    Qal\'a Design.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 45

Berin

Momo's Minion
From her pose and her hair, I'd say your utau seems like a very confident and straightforward person. The clothing seems simple, functional and is close-fitting, there's nothing that would really disturb while moving so I'd say she's also a sporty and active person. She doesn't seem very feminine, more like a tomboy. It wouldn't surprise me if there would be a big cheeky smile on her face.
I would definitely draw her shoes a bit more detailed though, and if she already has necklaces, why not also little earrings or bracelets? Or you could keep working with those...straps? thongs? i really don't know how these things on her shoulder are called xDD well, but you could add some of these on her shoes or somewhere else in her design. This would also add some overall detail.

I hope this helped you a bit xD

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It seems a bit simple. Or, plain, I should say. You could probably do something with her hair, or maybe with the shoes/pants.

UtauYork

Teto's Territory
Oh, well, thanks for both of your help so far, the design is rather blank. However, I was in a hurry when I posted this topic and in the process, I didn't realize that the design I added in the attachment was not the... more updated one. So that's why it was plain.

That doesn't really make a difference, however. I took in what you both said and added to it anyways and this was the result.

Design-_zps90d131be.jpg

I tried adding details to the pants, however since my original intent was to just leave them as baggy 'pirate' pants, I didn't add to much. Just a... string with beads tied to it on each side. When I color it, they might glow. I'm not to sure. The boots were also harder, so I added a jewel crest on both of them and some buckles, like how the shirt/sleeve has. More relation to 'pirate' boots there.

The buckles on the shirt are just an added idea to her shirt/coat. I tried to make it so the thing doesn't wrap all the way around her body and ends where it ends now, but then I realized it would have a hard time to stay on so I added the detachable sleeve to sort out that problem. 8);; I guess it doesn't make too much sense, anyways? I still really like it, however.

Something else added was the tattoo on her left arm. It's made up of just swirls and the like, but I might actually make something of it. Maybe add a butterfly in the middle to match the shirt/coat thing. Bracelets and the such were already there in the more updated picture, but they've made it out on this one as well and they're gonna stay.

As for the hair, I added little braids with a bead on each of them. I couldn't really think of too much for that, but I like the little added detail.

For the personality, I saw her as sort of the same, athletic, confident, and extremely outgoing. 87 Also as a bit of an artistic and questioning one, thanks to the odd clothing and the butterfly on her shirt. But at least I'm half right, I suppose. ovo

Anyways, I think I'm mostly done with this design? ovob Almost, anyways. I just need to think of a name for her and then start recording. Based on her personality so far, she'll probably be more suited to have a strong voice type? I think so.

The advice did help, though, so thank you both. \ouo/