Design Turn-ONS

P

PurinPuff

Let's do that thing in The Secret and focus on the positives instead of the negatives! /shot

Fun / Unique Races; Maybe your UTAU is another's imaginary friend? Maybe your UTAU is a blend of a human and a parrot? I love UTAU that stand out in who they are. I also love fursona UTAU.

Inventive Headgear / Headphones; More than the typical headphones you see on Miku and Rin. Maybe the headphones are part of a helmet, or cap? Maybe instead of earphones, there's a speaker at the back of your UTAU's head.

Good Color Combining; Colors that compliment one another, and have a soft, pleasing effect to the eyes. Whether they follow a strategic color scheme, or just happen to go great together, it's awesome when done right.

Hair; Hair is everything to me, believe it or not. Well, not everything, but it's important IMO. I love quirky, unique hair that might seem a little crazy. It's UTAU; it's meant to be creative! If there's double colored hair; it'd be cool to have them two shades of the same color. (ex. cerulean blue and navy.)

scarfu

Teto's Territory
Oh my gosh this is a really good topic wohohHEUE *U*

OK so first and foremost I like kind of creepy/Halloween-esque characters--I always have, not even in just UTAU lmao so my bias just comes shining through there. I also have a preference for UTAU who are visibly not human, like they have weird inhuman features like strange eyes or horns or anything like that. Overall I'm a big fan of UTAU who don't really look like UTAU-- like, I like when designs are unique to themselves and not like... like, when people design their first UTAU, they usually do it with the intention of "singing robot, vocaloid-esque"-- I don't really think that's wrong because when you first come into the community you don't really know what to expect, but I'm just tired of those kinds of designs... I like UTAU who look like they have a theme to themselves, or are a character by themselves! Also even though everybody complains, I really like intricate designs a lot too.

Sylphique

Momo's Minion
I love UTAUs with weird skin colors. Yes. They are sexy, (Especially light blue, jet white, and grey). I personally am in love with the color silver, so anything that has even a small amount of it is love love *(*´∀`*)☆. I love body marks, tribal marks, curse marks, geometric patterns and marks, piercings, chains, and silver crosses (゜▼゜*). I also love fantasy based designs~ Color scheme wise I tend to like everything to be in 2 to 4 colors, because it fits pretty well. I am a sucker for heterochromia on the eyes *O*. I tend to love at-least some sort of/ a bit of symmetry. Moe = ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆. I love Utaus with Dark Characteristics (not necessarily evil). I love gemstones, they are beautiful, and I love them. And I love seeing an Utau that is either S/M in nature \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/. Torture is beautiful. (*/∇\*)

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Haha I'm like the opposite of Scarfu 8'D I adore anything tech inspired. I love me some circuitry patterns, glow, and clever use of waveforms/equalizers. Part of what drew me to Vocaloid and UTAU was that sort of stuff. So long as it's not just Miku panels slapped on someone's arms or a direct Crypton outfit recolored, though. Cyberpunk is fun toooo <3

Other than that, though, I really like fantasy-inspired designs, or designs that look like they belong in an RPG or something. Or steampunk! I'd really like to see more steampunk UTAUs!

As for details, I really like unusual hair. I get bored easily if a female just has long straight hair down her back and straight bangs, or if a guy has short shaggy hair. I like it when people mix it up a bit. I also really like overly-stylized, impossible hairstyles, like... like how Pokemon characters have had crazy shaped ahoges and upturned pigtails and such? xD

And finally, hoods. IDK why but hoods are like my favorite thing to draw, so I like seeing UTAUs with hooded jackets and such.

System_Error

Momo's Minion
I like simple styles with a bit of unique styles to them. The cyber look is cool, but it's too old. I like styles of clothes that actually look normal, but with a bit of something that really stands out.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Myst link said:
As for details, I really like unusual hair. I get bored easily if a female just has long straight hair down her back and straight bangs,...

Now I feel incredibly awkward for commissioning you, you have no idea.

As for me, I like bright colored designs. I'm not talking neon bright but pastel soft bright. Something that would remind you of a summer day or candy. I feel like I've seen enough designs that use dark colors like navy blue, black, gray, brown, forest dark green, etc. Designs that make me think of stormy weather or sadness or something...

I also like frills~ I don't think I can draw them very well but I love them on designs! Frills and lace.

KitWistful

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Heeee~~~

- First off, I've said it before, but I love a good riff on the tired old Miku formula. A different interpretation of armsleeves, a fresh take on the idea of a uniform, etc.
- a unique silhouette is the way into my heart <3
- It's not a major turn-on, but I find it interesting when they are acknowledged as a computer program/android. Czloid I like because she's sort of alien...
- Steampunk or gothic are two brands that can peak my interest, depending on how it's executed.
- Harmonious colour harmonies!~~
- PINK HAIR for some reason. It's so...I don't know. yougottahavepinkhair
- Aaaand variations/deviations from anime style are really cool.
- Weellllll I like art that shows some body diversity....age, chubbiness, height, skintone, facial shapes, etc.
- And I like Macne designs because there's often little MINDBLOWING subtle details that you don't see until they're pointed out to you or until you've looked at it a couple of times.
- And I like pastel colours...it's not a make-it-or-break it sort of thing for me, but I like saturated colouring.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
IrisFlower link said:
[quote author=Myst link=topic=1395.msg10317#msg10317 date=1334263322]
As for details, I really like unusual hair. I get bored easily if a female just has long straight hair down her back and straight bangs,...

Now I feel incredibly awkward for commissioning you, you have no idea.
[/quote]

;A; Aaaah don't feel awkward! I'm just making her hair flow all over the place in that pic xD It's fun to DRAW long straight hair in really active swishy poses, I just prefer the weirder, funky styles overall.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I am a fan of interesting headgear be it hats, helmets, headbands, or interesting accessories and headpieces. I find tech designs appealing as long as they are not clones of Miku's skirt or generic Tron-inspired glowing.

Beyond that I like asymmetrical designs, especially ones that play with layering and opacity.

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Eyepatches. HOMG EYEPATCHES GUYS. They're seriously my favorite design aspect in general. I'm always biased to a character with one xP. They're so mysterious & really cool, & I tend to connect them to steampunk, which is also something I really like when done properly. Lolita outfits done correctly are also really appealing, but done correctly.

I also really like knee socks/tights over some kind of fancy mid-shin boot. It gives a kinda action-y feel, & I like me some action characters~

In general, I like unique color combinations as well. Good use of color theory is always good. Also, not so revealing designs. If the only skin being shown is the face, that's really attractive to me cos it's all mysterious & such.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I'm gonna be quick and simple: I like designs that look "designed," if that makes any sense to anyone...xD

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Myst link said:
Haha I'm like the opposite of Scarfu 8'D I adore anything tech inspired. I love me some circuitry patterns, glow, and clever use of waveforms/equalizers. Part of what drew me to Vocaloid and UTAU was that sort of stuff. So long as it's not just Miku panels slapped on someone's arms or a direct Crypton outfit recolored, though. Cyberpunk is fun toooo <3

Other than that, though, I really like fantasy-inspired designs, or designs that look like they belong in an RPG or something. Or steampunk! I'd really like to see more steampunk UTAUs!

As for details, I really like unusual hair. I get bored easily if a female just has long straight hair down her back and straight bangs, or if a guy has short shaggy hair. I like it when people mix it up a bit. I also really like overly-stylized, impossible hairstyles, like... like how Pokemon characters have had crazy shaped ahoges and upturned pigtails and such? xD

And finally, hoods. IDK why but hoods are like my favorite thing to draw, so I like seeing UTAUs with hooded jackets and such.

You stole the words right out of my mouth >_<
I agree with every word of this.

D

dCatharsis

I love detailed designs and good color combinations. That's all.
I like them more if they're *~*glamorous*~* *coughcoughTATARIcoughcoughDaatura**
And I like "artificial" stuff, too.

P

PurinPuff

@dCatharsis: I agree, TATARI turns me on. /shot

@Stormy: Actually, I tried a eyepatch steam punk design the other day. o3o
I didn't have a reason for it, really. Just boredom. I loved her hair though; in the front, it was straight and fairly Ritsu-y, with choppy, square hair that went chin-length, sweepy bangs that just covered one of her eyes and short, completely spiked hair at the back.

Oh, rite, I love short hair on girl UTAU.

Dorel

Teto's Territory
KitWistful link said:
Heeee~~~

- First off, I've said it before, but I love a good riff on the tired old Miku formula. A different interpretation of armsleeves, a fresh take on the idea of a uniform, etc.
- a unique silhouette is the way into my heart <3
- It's not a major turn-on, but I find it interesting when they are acknowledged as a computer program/android. Czloid I like because she's sort of alien...
- Steampunk or gothic are two brands that can peak my interest, depending on how it's executed.
- Harmonious colour harmonies!~~
- PINK HAIR for some reason. It's so...I don't know. yougottahavepinkhair
- Aaaand variations/deviations from anime style are really cool.
- Weellllll I like art that shows some body diversity....age, chubbiness, height, skintone, facial shapes, etc.
- And I like Macne designs because there's often little MINDBLOWING subtle details that you don't see until they're pointed out to you or until you've looked at it a couple of times.
- And I like pastel colours...it's not a make-it-or-break it sort of thing for me, but I like saturated colouring.

I can only quote you:
YOU SAID WHAT I WAS WRITING IN MY POST //shot
Pink, I love that color and every color scheme that has it, just if it's a pink pastel with white OMG I JUST LOVE IT.
and details, simple designs that has some details but you don't see them until you look at them, just like Amai's stockings that has little ribbons on it.
Black and white, every scheme that has black or white on it, or every pastel colours.
Just not a TOO colorful scheme... like OCs with rainbow hair...
A good sillhouette! *w* even it has a simple outfit if they have good sillhouettes to it's just <b>AWWW</b>

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
Well, I like designs that draw inspiration from things outside of typical Vocaloid/UTAU stuff, or hell, even typical anime/manga-ish stuff. Basically, anything that's unique and different is cool, as long as it's done fairly well.

Also, good color combinations, like the use of analogous and complementary colors, especially orange and blue together.

Shinaichivocaloid

Teto's Territory
I like almost anything I see really but my favorite. Well for some reason I love long blond hair. I also like really interesting hair styles that look impossible. I love Victorian like designs or a mix like design. Also something really different makes me happy. I like jeans instead of skirts a lot more, but interesting skirts are good sometimes. I really like TATARI's design, it makes me happy to see designs like that.

coffeemustache

Momo's Minion
I love when designs are inspired by pre-existing fashion (like lolita, visual kei, steampunk, ect.) and  are drawn in a really awesome and unique style.

Myon

Momo's Minion
Well executed, individualistic Virtual singer/Seifuku designs.
Sweet color combos. Teal+Lightbrown, Mintygreen+Yellow+Gold, Navyblue+Bisque+Gold. Etc., etc.
Girls with curly hair. Or a hairstyle that seems typical of real life people.
Make-up. Idk, I like seeing an UTAU with a different lip color or eyeshadow. Whether it's a little or a lot.
Headgear. Could be a space helmet or even a slouchy beanie. Headgear is rad.
Bloomers. Or shorts.
Exotic races. Alien, cyborg, zombie or demon.

I notice the more I can associate the design with a standalone character, the more I like it.