Did I Install Them Wrong??

AniTrashy

Momo's Minion
I really don't know if this is the proper place to post this, so I am sorry if it isn't.. ;;
I have a few UTAUloids that ARE working. like Defoko, Ruko and Ritsu EVE, they say what I type in just fine. When it comes to ANY of the other UTAU I have installed they don't even say あ. My Computer is set in Japanese locale, has been since I bought it. I check to see if the banks are Kana, they all are.. so why aren't they saying at least AAAAAAAAAAAAA????! The selected text turns yellow but there is absolutely no sound. I have my volume turned up, and the text IS selected.. It is frustrating ;;
I searched for a while to see if anyone had asked this before but all I saw were problems regarding UST files. If this question has been solved already can I please have a link to the thread? It would help out a lot if I could have some pointers since I am clueless.
Thanks..

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Are the UTAU you're using CV, VCV, or CVVC? Often VCV UTAU won't have just あ as an alias, rather they'll have [- あ] for starting あ and [a あ], [e あ] etc for あ following another syllable. If a lyric doesn't have an alias that's an exact match in the oto, it'll render silence. Check your voicebank type and confirm that the lyric is being entered properly.

Reactions: Mochlin

AniTrashy

Momo's Minion
Are the UTAU you're using CV, VCV, or CVVC? Often VCV UTAU won't have just あ as an alias, rather they'll have [- あ] for starting あ and [a あ], [e あ] etc for あ following another syllable. If a lyric doesn't have an alias that's an exact match in the oto, it'll render silence. Check your voicebank type and confirm that the lyric is being entered properly.
OH! Well I am an idiot- The Voicebanks were in VCV as you said! I typed it in as [- あ] and there he went, so I thank you! One more question if I may though.. I have Teki's VCV voicebank and I tried that but he still didn't say anything, I opened his sound list and it was blank.. what could have caused this?

@Mochlin The voicebanks are VCV, I am not using a UST ^^