digital art tips?

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Hanmi, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Hanmi

Hanmi xiong xiong Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    hi i guess this might not be the best place to ask but i couldnt think of anything else
    and its vocaloid so i guess its kinda relevant
    i saw this art in a miku song and i thought it was really pretty! Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 12.31.33.png

so i tried to draw something similar but it turned out like absolute garbage because i have like zero art skills Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 12.56.53.png
    so like im wondering, if any experienced digital artists can give me advice? i understand my work isnt finished and barely hasnt any background but anyways, i feel like somehow the one from the original has really bright colors and the colors i use are kinda dull even though im using like a neon teal on the fullest saturation. and i also have no idea how to make the abstract stuff look good..... everything in the original art looks so nice and all the strokes look so smooth and mine just looks like some ugly paint
    the original artist uses photoshop and paint tool sai while im using medibang paint pro.
    idk if anyone can help me but i guess its worth a try? i'd like some tips because i'd really like to draw like that and i know practicing more would help but idk where to start, any help is appreciated! thanks for being patient and reading this

WyndReed and partial like this.