Does anyone prefer how Utau voices sound appose to Vocaloid?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
That's basically what the market wants (V3 was the worse) and UTAU is free to create a bank so it's quite obvious it'll have tons more banks; whereas Vocaloid where companies have to pay money to make one.

They tend to stick to trends so they'll get guaranteed sales. That's why Vocaloid have so much similar banks (heck, Japan doesn't even like male voices that much which causes companies to make them quite rarely)
Oh, most certainly, I know that that's how their marketing tacting is. Hatsune Miku sold well, people want girls, moe, cutesy voices/designs, that kinda thing, explaining why there are so many of those kinds of Vocaloids. Sucks that there's barely any males, I'd prefer there to be more unique voicebanks/characters, which is why I like so few Vocaloids. They keep making lots and lots more, that to me, personally, have no effect other than, "Another one?" (this pertains to the moe Vocaloids)

Reactions: Nohkara

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I just realised, don't use Sonika as a good quality example when she has skype bloops in her recording hahaha
I think you're misinterpreting that sentence. What I mean is that Sonika is the worst a vocaloid can be, and every other vocaloid can only be better. So, she sets the lowest bar. But with UTAU, because of how open it is, the quality can be much, much, worse. Sonika at least can produce a reasonable songlike output, taken advantage of very well by producers, such as AdyS in his albums The Beautiful Stories and So What.
An UTAU at it's very worse is nothing but horrible, screeching noise.

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I think you're misinterpreting that sentence. What I mean is that Sonika is the worst a vocaloid can be, and every other vocaloid can only be better. So, she sets the lowest bar. But with UTAU, because of how open it is, the quality can be much, much, worse. Sonika at least can produce a reasonable songlike output, taken advantage of very well by producers, such as AdyS in his albums The Beautiful Stories and So What.
An UTAU at it's very worse is nothing but horrible, screeching noise.

Sonika also costs money though

FeatheredFinch

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
She's pretty cheap in comparison to most other VOCALOIDs. She's about $50 USD. That's still a bit expensive considering the quality (or lack of quality), but still.
True true but there are amazing Utau english banks coming out and there's going to be even more because of Araparsing, I still love vocaloid I just prefer Utau is all