Does this bank sound convincingly boyish enough?

Discussion in 'Requested VB Critiques' started by RaccoonButler, Sep 23, 2016.

1. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I wanted to record an adult bank for my Utau, however they're male and I'm a girl so I think the best I could do is a Puberty bank.

I would appreciate feedback on whether this voice is convincingly teen-boyish enough:

This is a test done in that voice, not a full bank

This is a clip of how the full bank sounds, though it is fully recorded it's not fully oto'd

EDIT: Here's a longer version cus I oto'd more - https://clyp.it/2wnxb5bh

And if it helps to judge the difference, here's his normal bank:

Thank you in advance

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    kimchi-tan likes this.
  3. Maybe2Morrow

Maybe2Morrow Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    ---------people easily misunderstand each other bc reasons ---- answer longer down....

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  4. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei / Kuya Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This doesn't really help the OP or contribute to the discussion they started. If you want to give meaningful feedback to someone, you should probably start by addressing what they've presented to you instead of self-advertising.

I think the puberty bank was recorded quite well, though voice acting only gets better with practice. A soft bank was the right tactic- you're able to get your voice down there without straining too much in order to maintain the tone. Softer banks are also generally more suited to low notes, which means that you can use it in that male range while still sounding good. Dual purpose: the original bank is strong, now there's more expressive variation, yaay

azazel and RaccoonButler like this.
  5. Maybe2Morrow

Maybe2Morrow Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    What I tried to point out actually was that it doesn't matter wether or wether not your VB sound like a girl. If you want your UTAU to be a boy then it's a boy. That was my little point. But that may just be me. Everyone can record a VB for a male character if they want. The same counts that men could record a VB for a female character if they wanted to. It doesn't matter wether the VB sound like one or another. It's the choice to the owner of the UTAU. That is why Even I - a person who can make cute girlish voice, can also voice male UTAU. So - basically that was my point.

RaccoonButler likes this.
  6. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    :,D I understand what you were trying to say, and I agree that you can make your utau whatever gender you want-

however in this particular instance, the purpose of the bank was to sound like an older boy so if it still sounded the same it would be pointless.

Thank you, though!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    Ah, thank you ;u;. And that's true, it could still serve as a soft bank even if it doesn't end up with the intended effect but I'm glad it seems to have turned out well thus far.

Thank you

7. Milk

Milk [insert catchphrase here] Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I think the bank sounds lovely! He sort of reminds me of a softer version of Matsudappoiyo, totally sounds like mature enough to me:creepy:

8. Avalia-Kasa

Avalia-Kasa probably a potato tbh Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    They both sound good, but your Puberty bank sounds about the same age, just softer imo (that doesn't mean it's bad tho)

9. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    :,> ah, well that's too bad. If it doesn't sound even a liiittle bit older that kinda takes away the purpose of the bank but I'm glad it sounds good to you though! Hopefully it at least isn't too feminine
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2016 ---
    :0 Oh, well thank you! that's a very flattering comparison lel