downloading banks;

diphy

Momo's Minion
i downloaded yokune rukos bank and all the characters for the filenames show up wonky, i.e. âMâàé±âMâàâMâàâMâFâMâàâMâçâMâà

any fix for this? :blink:

Ono

Teto's Territory
^ Yup.

You need to set your computer on Japanese locale, restart, and the gibber-jabber will go away.

diphy

Momo's Minion
thank you for the help :love: would running winrar through applocale work too?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
No. The problem isn't WinRar, it's your computer settings and current UTAU installation. Follow the steps here:

- Uninstall UTAU and delete the installer you currently have. The current UTAU you have will not read Japanese properly even if you change your locale. If you're wondering why you need to delete the installer as well, it's because Defoko (uta in your voice folder) is built into it and when her files don't come out right, the installer itself is corrupted as a result

- Before downloading UTAU's installer again, you need to change the Locale of your computer to Japanese. If you don't know how to do it, here are steps to do so depending on your Windows version: http://fuwanovel.org/faq/setting-windows-to-japanese-locale (the steps for Windows 8.1 is the same as 8 if your computer runs it). I know there's Applocale, but I have personally never used it, don't know where to find it, and have never had problems with the locale switch through the control panel (the only differences you may notice is that some installers for other programs will have Japanese text and some currently installed programs like skype will have the language changed to Japanese as well - all you need to do is change them back to English through the language options in preference, etc.)

- Once your Locale is set for Japanese, you can re-download UTAU's installer and install it again [don't use the one you downloaded before the switch in locale]. Look at Defoko's bank through Voice Bank settings (Ctrl + G) to make sure her files are all in proper Japanese. If there's no jibberish in her files, then proceed to add Ruko and any other banks you desire. Everything should now work without a hitch.