E-mote Movie Maker(aka EmoFuri)

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
If any of you are on tumblr, you may have seen a program floating about called E-mote Movie Maker, which is also called EmoFuri. It's a neat little program that allows you to make 2-D/3-D style animations of a character using a .psd file. I want to show you guys this program because it might be useful for making little animations and videos of your UTAUs. Here are some demonstrations I made with a puppet of Trilli I made:
tumblr_n85oc2s2EO1rx9673o3_250.gif

tumblr_n85oc2s2EO1rx9673o2_250.gif

Here I used some of the sample animations that come with the program, since I haven't quite gotten into the nitty gritty of the program yet. Much like UTAU, you need to have your computer set to a Japanese locale in order for it to work(I mention that here because a lot of people on Tumblr are getting angry at the program because it's showing all ?????s everywhere). You can make animations in the program, and you can also make your own .psd characters too.

Currently, it's still pretty obscure, so I don't think there's an English patch or translation of the manual yet. However, I've managed to figure it out a little using Google Translate and good ol' trial and error.

It does have its limitations. Aside from the limitations that come from using a .psd file(can't do the backside of a person, can only turn the head some way, etc. etc.), at most you can only export 12 sec. of footage(be it a .wmv file or a .gif) at a time at 10fps(it gets shorter when you have a higher fps), and too high of a quality could crash the program. However, I bet if one is patient, whole videos could be made!

As for where you can get the program, you can download it for free from their website @ http://emote2.mtwo.co.jp/emofuri.php It seems like they took down their torrent download, but you can download it free from the website : )

Have fun guys! I want to see what you guys come up with. Idk if I'll release Trilli's rig yet, since I'm still figuring Emofuri out. It's pretty neat : )

(Also, jiggle physics o3o)

Edit: by the way, I'm not really sure if this is in the right forum topic. I figured here because it'd be a useful resource, but if anyone thinks it should be in the software and downloads, let me know. Thanks : )

Chorvaqueen

tonileon apologist
Supporter
RE:

I keep seeing this on tumblr I'm glad some tutorials are popping up lately so I'm giving this a shot when I have free time.
http://yankeeboy.co.vu/post/90603212022/the-basics-of-emofuri-a-shit-translation-brought-to

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

It's a pretty interesting program. The boob jiggles though Combine the translation post that ChorvaQueen linked and also these art tutorials http://kirstenly.tumblr.com/tagged/emofuri-tutorial/chrono it was pretty easy to get a hang of it.

Although I'm having a hard time exporting it into a gif and had to use a screen capture program and edit it in Photoshop. If anyone has an easier way I'm all ears!

My attempt: http://moonst4r.tumblr.com/post/90727650480/tried-out-emofuri

Chorvaqueen

tonileon apologist
Supporter
RE:

^
omg das cool

-
I can't wait to finish my current job so I can start working on making a Tonio one. <3

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
RE:

She looks quite lovely Moon, and she has a cool 3-D look! : ) Does the export function crash the program(the manual mentions that too high of a res can crash the program)? I recommend making the image size real small when exporting as a gif(like, below 1000x1000). If your character gets cut off, there's a setting on the export panel that lets you multiply its size(you can use any nonzero positive number; use a decimal to make it smaller!). Also, changing the fps(the lower the framerate, the longer the gif will be, to a max of 12 secs.) may help you, too. Here's a screenshot that shows you the options:

export_by_wendy_the_creeper-d7p8hgl.png

Try playing with those and see what happens.

Ahh, you're so lucky, having tutorials. When I started out there was pretty much nothing ;_;

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
WendytheCreeper said:
She looks quite lovely Moon, and she has a cool 3-D look! : ) Does the export function crash the program(the manual mentions that too high of a res can crash the program)? I recommend making the image size real small when exporting as a gif(like, below 1000x1000). If your character gets cut off, there's a setting on the export panel that lets you multiply its size(you can use any nonzero positive number; use a decimal to make it smaller!). Also, changing the fps(the lower the framerate, the longer the gif will be, to a max of 12 secs.) may help you, too. Here's a screenshot that shows you the options:

Try playing with those and see what happens.

Ahh, you're so lucky, having tutorials. When I started out there was pretty much nothing ;_;

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! It works! The problem I had before was that the gif would get cut off.

Would you happen to know what the option above frame rate is?

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I honestly didn't have any idea what it does, so I pulled up the manual and ran it through Google Translate...From what it sounds like, I think it adds padding or extra wait time after the main animation is over before it loops again. Of course, the main animation would have to be under the max export time to actually see this in action. I know Emofuri comes with some idle animations along with the samples, so I bet depending on one's settings you could either have one of the wait animations or just have it sit still. This is just speculation though.

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Ah, I see. At least it doesn't seem that important. I'm just happy it renders nicely for me now :') I've been wanting to gif a longer animation ;u;

emofurirendersmall_by_moonst4r-d7p8m6v.gif

It would still be nice when someone comes up with a translation patch.

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I think because a lot of people on Tumblr are starting to use it, eventually a translator will want to patch it : )

Still, it only came into the spotlight very recently(only a few days ago, when I'd go onto dA and look up Emofuri, there were absolutely no results for it o.o), so no patch yet : (

If it keeps on rolling though, I bet there's potential for a patch!

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Apologizes for the double post, but I've made a little cheat sheet for Emofuri on one of the tabs that can change pose. It think it'll be useful because then we wouldn't have to wade through all of the options to find something. (still, I want to know how to change the mouth image!)

tumblr_n8cnlru7VC1rx9673o1_500.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
RE:

I haven't used it as much but my dashboard is filled with notes from that emofuri post I made...

-//the one with tumblr users and UTAU people cackling bc locale

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Adlez27 said:
I haven't used it as much but my dashboard is filled with notes from that emofuri post I made...

-//the one with tumblr users and UTAU people cackling bc locale

Pfft. That's kinda what I thought at first too when people are like 'Why is there ????? everywhere!' My dash kinda blew up too when I posted my cheat sheet.

But sadly, I cannot find that post. I relate to it.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

*downloads*

Time to take one of those official PSD files VOCALOID companies provide and make it move.

Hopefully I can make cool things for UTAU videos later, once I get off my lazy butt and work on my utau's new design