Embarrassing Recording Experiences

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Surely we have all experienced being found recording by family or friends and it can be a really awkward experience since it's not like singing strings of gibberish syllables is an everyday occurrence.

I wasn't found recording but rather my room was "step up" for recording - neither the fan or aircon was on and I had a blanket over my head so I was thought to be sick due to staying up all XD

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I was once recording a 10 pitch VCV bank to prove a point about how 10 pitch VCV banks are uselessly huge amounts of work. The reason I never got to record the 2 highest pitches was because my parents walked in at 8pm and told me to shut up.

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i was recording in my closet one time and the wall of my closet is next to/shared w the wall of the bathroom and my sister flushed the toilet really loud and started kicking and hitting the wall and yodeling/screaming gotta love having siblings :')
also whenever i record im p sure my dad thinks im crazy just hearing me scream " KA KI KU KE KO" and just turns up whatever shoot em up action movie hes playing at max volume and continues on with his life

these arent really embarrassing but this is what usually goes on whenever i record

Truly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I was once recording a 10 pitch VCV bank to prove a point about how 10 pitch VCV banks are uselessly huge amounts of work. The reason I never got to record the 2 highest pitches was because my parents walked in at 8pm and told me to shut up.
you could surely do 'em, no? [EDIT] derp derp my bad. i meant, you could surely do 'em another day.

also whenever i record im p sure my dad thinks im crazy just hearing me scream " KA KI KU KE KO" and just turns up whatever shoot em up action movie hes playing at max volume and continues on with his life
i think this is pretty normal! you might tell him that you plan to record at a certain time (ask for a half an hour or an hour, set it up ahead of time) so that you can keep from disturbing him, and he can plan to do something where he won't be disturbed.
that is, if he turns his film way up to block you out, but that has an effect on your recording, it'd be better to tell him "this is when i'm going to be loud-- for a half hour only. then i'll stop, ok?" maybe he can do groceries or something... and take your siblings with him.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

local hiatus'er
Defender of Defoko
it's like finding a syringe filled with glowing fluid... inside a haystack.
if i don't shut up, people will turn me over to authorities... i think.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

CarrotBunz

Trash
Defender of Defoko
When my nephew and parents tried to copy me to make fun of me\\ and the omake I gave to my friends to see what they thought and they used them for things I didn't know they could-

Ressa

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
saliva choking in the middle of a high pitch recording (eg. ho fu n- *heckling cough* )

Reactions: Piia

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I wasn't recording a voicebank, but the other day I was doing an English cover of Palette Desire Path Remix, and I recorded it once with my Snowball unplugged, once again without changing my settings to my Snowball in Audacity, and a third time screwing up the lyrics.

Reactions: Nohkara

Izua

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
OKAY IM LATE TO THE PARTY BUT I SAW THIS AND I WANTED TO REPLY SO eeee
A month or so ago when everyone was out and I was home alone I began to record the second higher pitch to a multipitch of mine. Sometime during the recording process my brother apparently had left his keys at home and was unable to get in when he came back, so he stood outside of my apartment for a full hour throwing pebbles at my bedroom window trying to get my attention. During so, he also left me 58 messages on my phone telling me to 'stop my yodeling and open the door'--all of which I missed. Ofc I'm the type of person who gets insanely uncomfortable when people can hear me recording, so naturally while that would be seen as an amusing situation to others, I found it to be immensely embarrassing. :bigtears:

Reactions: Nohkara and Piia

taigz

dead
Defender of Defoko
ALL OF THESE:

Me: *deep breath* *sings in a high range* AAAAAA--
Little Bro: AAAA SH*T SIS STOP IT HURTS MY EARS
Me: --Aaaa... 'kay.

Me: *deep breath* *sings in a low range* AAAAAA--
Little Bro: Sis you sound horrible.
Me: --Aaaa... aww cmon.

Me: *deep breath* *sings in a soft voice* aaaaa..
*background noise*
Me: AAAAAAAAAAA

Me: *deep breath* *sings in a loud voice* AAAAAAAA
Little Bro: sis keep it down, I'm trying to sleep...
Me: Oh...

^

Real reason why I'm taking too long with recording Reiha.

Schattenfluch

Teto's Territory
I recorded and it sounded horrible... so I recorded it again and again. After a few tries I was trying to find out why...
I just forgot to plug my mic in... Stupid me

mallowkey

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
i was recording appends at a time where i was sure i couldn't hear traffic or anything and most were still at work (i stay at a condominium), and i always had to stop because i was so worried that neighbors might come up and tell me to keep quiet, and even then i didn't know if they were home or anything. or i would hear very faint background noise and i would replay the recording over and over to make sure the noise didn't get in

i also would say "f---" or "wait s---" in between recordings once i realize i mispronounced something. and in my panic i forget to press stop

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I recorded a voicebank once and something went wrong, and I enended up with this as the raw samples through utau:

I have a full cvvc bank recorded like this...

Reactions: Piia and partial
P

partial

I usually never recorded when I was at home with my mom, simply because my sisters and her would walk by and scream the last two syllables of whatever I recorded. "What? We wanna be Vocaloids, too."

So I offered to help them make their own UTAU banks and was met with laughter and a unanimous "what a waste of time".

Once I moved out, I ended up with my boyfriend. He's understanding of my hobby, but I'm still too self conscious to record in front of him. I can't even use my voicebanks when he's home if I don't have headphones. If it's anyone else's, sure.