supaisu Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    supaisu submitted a new resource:

English CV/CVC/VC Reclist - english beginner reclist

Read more about this resource...

3. heta-tan

heta-tan Genderless Goon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This looks like it's just CV? I'm not sure where the CVC/VC is? You're also missing a lot of sounds like clusters, a th sound, etc. This is basically a Japanese CV with different symbols and additional vowels.

4. supaisu

supaisu Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    thanks for the tip! i kinda rushed the first creation of it; sorry about that. yes, i did play around with the typical japanese vb sounds at first, but english is a much more complex language and it will take me more time to break it down completely. thank you and i will update soon!

5. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Eh?

What encouding (naming system) are you using? I'm not familiar with this system... ^^;

For example is "eye" supposed to read like あい (like an English word "I") or like... *umh* えいぇ???

Second, where are ending consonants and consonant+consonant sounds? (For example "ky" like in word "cute" or "bl" like in "blah blah")

I think that you should add those sounds and explain a bit how to read your lines at first place.

supaisu likes this.
  6. supaisu

supaisu Momo's Minion

Trophy Points

I'm just naming the syllables like how you would pronounce them in English. Yes, I will update with those soon!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 26, 2017 ---
    I'm sorry if it turned out confusing, by the way!!

7. 幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki)

幸兔雪 (Yukito Yuki) Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Ahh, OK! I get it! :smile:

Good luck with your list! ^^ (I'm willing to listen the a sample if you make one)

8. supaisu

supaisu Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
  9. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei / Kuya Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    An English reclist is quite an ambitious project to take on as a newcomer! I would recommend that you take a look at existing lists and voicebanks to gain an understanding of how those work, so that you can more easily develop a list to your own specifications.

Mainly, check out PaintedCZ's VCCV reclist, the standard of the community, and Delta's English reclist, which uses X-SAMPA phonetics, similar to Vocaloid. There's also other projects out there that may be useful or interesting to learn about.

supaisu likes this.
  10. supaisu

supaisu Momo's Minion

Trophy Points

Thank you for the tips, but I found this to be the easiest. I did look at some others but I kind of wanted mine to be original. As I continue with this I may change it to a better formatted style. To me, this is quick, easy, and helpful for right now though.