English patch problem

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
You still need japanese locale even if its the english version. I dont recomend applocale, its better to just change the whole system locale.
When you say patch do you mean a txt document that modifies the files after downloading the program or something? Because you shouldn't need that if you downloaded the program from the right site. If you did download from the right site you should click the version with an little "e" next to the version number.
EDIT
Here's the link to the site

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Basically what Hulder said. If you have a modern computer (aka, anything beyond Windows XP), then applocale is unnecessary (you won't even be able to find it from Microsoft anymore; it's a practice so out of date). Change your System Locale to Japanese. You'll have less errors (bad number, mojibake, and other quirks that can happen running a non-unicode machine) and you'll be able to use more than just western made CV banks (if they're romaji encoded) or CVVC English. The official site has the latest version which includes a (mostly) English interface.

Agentzap0

Momo's Minion
Side note, doesn't the latest version come with english preinstalled?

EDIT: oops

Last edited:

Hanson Sofan

Momo's Minion
i just saw in the youtube video, does it need to change the keyboard to japanese. i didn't even have the japanese keyboard

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
i just saw in the youtube video, does it need to change the keyboard to japanese. i didn't even have the japanese keyboard
The program doesn't need the keyboard change to work. But you need it if you're gonna edit notes and make aliases for japanese banks. So if you're just gonna use banks that are not japanese, then no you don't need to install japanese keyboard settings.