Esperanto Words for UTAU vocab...

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So, I am making an EO UTAU sometime soon, so was wondering about certain words being used in EO....
I have been struggling to name things in EO, so I thought I should post words I am thinking of using??? I need to be able to talk about utau in EO lol...
:sing:

I have been calling UTAU: UTAU-o
So do you suppose that Utau as in utauloid should be called utaulo?? Using the person ending???
Or is an Utaulo a person who uses utau? Oh maybe an utau producer would be an utaestro?? as in Utau boss!? And reclist. I think I said reglisto once... does that seem right??
btw, i am pronouncing the au as ahh ooo in utau-o, but should it be utaŭ-o??? I don't think that sounds right.....
and what is voicebank?????
Voice=Voĉo
container=ujo
Voĉujo!!! Sounds right???
So what shall we call appends...
I looked it up and found aldoni = to append, so let's say aldono??? For append ???
Or should we say smthn like... voĉaldono, or alvoĉdono??
I think I shall say aldono since it basically means add-on....
:cynical:

So far my EO vocabulary is basically:
UTAU = UTAU-o
utauloid = utaulo
utau producer/user = utaestro
(this word is like, just for funsies i guess)
voicebank = voĉujo (the most legit sounding word here imo)
append = aldono (basically means add-on/supplement, actually i did just find this in a dictionary so i think its ok...)
:shades:
Does anyone have other ideas/suggestions/objections???

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I personally call voicebanks "voĉbanko" but your idea sounds good too. I didn't really have words for the other things you mentioned, since I more often talk about vocalsynths in general by saying voĉsintezilo and voĉsinteziluzanto for vocalsynther/vocalsynth user. I also use "reglisto" for reclist.

Since I was the one who did the UTAU-Synth esperanto translation, and will be doing the PC UTAU translation (eventually) here are some other words.

kvantumigi - to quantize
dosiernomo - file name
alinomo - alias
deŝovo - offset
fiksita - fixed (consonant)
detondo - cutoff
antaŭeldiro - preutterance
surmeteco - overlap

Reactions: unknownLinguist

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
MOJASA////
I think I still want to call voicebank voĉujo, however, because it is more self explanitory for what they are, like voiceholder. I don't know where the word "voicebank" in eng came from?? Maybe bank can also mean container here?? But yeah basically I try to avoid just Esperanto-izing english words, bc they may be inaccessible to esperantistos who speak no english!
In short, will likely call them voĉujo instead for accessibility?? however in this situation it may not be that important.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Will note, I'll use that from now on.

Speaking of epoutau stuff, I still have to translate the whole license agreement for UTAU-Synth... and when I update the UTAU-Synth translation, I'd very much like to include that. Would you be interested in helping me? I started a while ago here.

unknownLinguist

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Will note, I'll use that from now on.

Speaking of epoutau stuff, I still have to translate the whole license agreement for UTAU-Synth... and when I update the UTAU-Synth translation, I'd very much like to include that. Would you be interested in helping me? I started a while ago here.
I'm not sure if I'm proficient enough in EO yet to be of much help? I would like to help but I fear I may incorrectly translate some things... :blink: Perhaps I could offer translations for parts using comments in google docs, and then you can see if they look right??:uhm:

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
What countries speak Esperanto? (Sorry kinda off-topic I think idek)

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What countries speak Esperanto? (Sorry kinda off-topic I think idek)
Esperanto is a language constructed by L.L Zamenhof in 1887, it was meant to be an universal language that's easy to learn and use. No countries officially speak it but that doesn't mean you couldn't learn it or speak it since there are ~2 million people who can speak it to some degree. Though only about a thousand families speak it as their L1 language

Piia

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Esperanto is a language constructed by L.L Zamenhof in 1887, it was meant to be an universal language that's easy to learn and use. No countries officially speak it but that doesn't mean you couldn't learn it or speak it since there are ~2 million people who can speak it to some degree. Though only about a thousand families speak it as their L1 language
Oh wow, that is interesting. Thank you for the added knowledge, @heta-tan~!