F+ Flag changed??

VelvetyMelody

Momo's Minion
I had been using a very old version of UTAU until I started having some errors (which I posted a thread about already) so, I installed the newest version of UTAU (which I believe is 418, I had been using 275 before). But I noticed a change in the F+ flag, which I use to make my UTAU sound stronger in the higher notes. But in the new version, it makes the voices sound really nasal, shrill, hard to understand, and unpleasant. It actually sounds very similar to the fresamp resampler, does having it have something to do with this? Or is this supposed to happen, is there anyway I can change it?

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
From the old wiki...
This adjusts the stength of the formant filter. The formant filter depends on the frequency defined by "source frequency * specified value".
It is generally better not to touch it, but when noise appears in low tones, you can suppress it by specifying values around F4 .. F7.
This flag is valid for Resampler development versions too, but changes are not as big as in the default generic Resampler version.

It's possible that the function has changed, but it's really not meant to be used on a regular basis.

VelvetyMelody

Momo's Minion
From the old wiki...
This adjusts the stength of the formant filter. The formant filter depends on the frequency defined by "source frequency * specified value".
It is generally better not to touch it, but when noise appears in low tones, you can suppress it by specifying values around F4 .. F7.
This flag is valid for Resampler development versions too, but changes are not as big as in the default generic Resampler version.

It's possible that the function has changed, but it's really not meant to be used on a regular basis.
Ok, but do you think that getting rid of fresamp will help?? ;.; the F flags are something that I use in all the covers I make.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
All i can suggest is either use F in conjunction with the L flag or, simply use default resampler or another one instead of fresamp. Fresamp is known for yielding nasal or metallic results on high notes without careful use of the F flag. You may even need to adjust flags on a note by note basis rather than via the project settings to find the sweet spot of F that doesn't sound bad.