Fannoirletima's Diary Records

Discussion in 'Song Covers' started by Lorreine Geralde, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Lorreine Geralde

Lorreine Geralde Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Since I always create several threads to post my cover songs on this site, I think it will be wiser to post cover in just one thread. Previous cover song thread archive will be posted as links and tagged as spoilers.

[hr]
    Okay, let me start with one post for today: Ren'ai Yuusha feat. Noel Chuckstern

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  3. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Tsumugi Uta feat. Fannoirletima

Despite the fact that the song consists of two separated parts for each singer, I decided to make Kaizern and Noel sing all of its parts because I find it easier to mix the vocals together. Also, the colour scheme used for Kaizern and Noel’s clothes were inspired from BoBoiBoy Halilintar (Thunderstorm) and BoBoiBoy Taufan (Cyclone)’s respective jacket and shirt. I just hope that illustrators at Animonsta Studios/monsta will be okay about this if they found this eventually, though.

Disclaimer: BoBoiBoy belongs to Animonsta Studios/monsta.
    https://www.youtube.com/monsta

4. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Fannoirletima's Stash File #1 - Alstroemeria (hummed intro part only)

• Original song link ||| Youtube link
    • Original singer ||| Kumone Keishi, Miles Gunner, Iris Libra
    • Original producer ||| Meta/sonictheunknown
    • UST file creator ||| Meta/sonictheunknown (Youtube link)
    • Singer ||| Kaiserine Sympherianne
    This is the first audio file from "Fannoirletima's Stash File" collection. It is originally posted on Dropbox to be used within Billy Music Player on Fannoirletima@Tumblr, but I feel that not everyone checks it, so I post this here as well.

By the way, to @Meta/sonictheunknown, I did promise to myself that I wish to make pseudo-English cover of your original song (Alstroemeria), but due to a few personal reasons, I decided to cancel it and made this instead. I'm sorry.

"To be honest, overcoming astraphobia was and is always never an easy task. Thanks to this epic song, I always get myself motivated to do it, especially after seeing the same portrait of the red-eyed lightning element master, which was drawn by Noel back then. Even I never expected that the honoured Miles Gunner took part as one of vocalists for the song - my creator did have fun of making him sing some of her favourite songs as well.

And yes, this is the song that I always remember even though I can't sing in proper English. Thus, I only can hum its melody during my gardening and art session."

- Kaiserine Sympherianne, still trying to overcome her astraphobia issue and her fear of BoBoiBoy Halilintar (Thunderstorm) while watering her flowers at the garden behind her house (despite the fact she is a ghostlike android). This was later written in her private notebook in July 7th, 2016.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 4, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 3, 2017 ---
    Cover song for today: Fannoirletima's Stash File #2 - Dead Foresta ~Suiren no Mizuumi ni Shizumu~ (acapella ver.)

The second audio file from "Fannoirletima's Stash File" collection, and the fourth attempt to cover "Dead Foresta ~Suiren no Mizuumi ni Shizumu~". I only can do it in acapella style because it's getting redundant and I was lazy at that time, but I don't think it's a problem when it's still one of my favourite songs at all time.

"Our master...oops...our creator used to relate our respective voice type with colours only, but since she learnt about the existence of Cevio Color Voice Series and she began getting herself addicted on BoBoiBoy stuffs through BoBoiBoy The Movie trailer she saw on TV back then, she started to relate our respective voice type with colour and BoBoiBoy's evolved elemental power type.

And as you guessed it...Kaizern with green and BoBoiBoy Thorn's power type, and I with ochre and BoBoiBoy Gempa (Quake)'s power type. It was truly nonsense at first, but now...I understand. It really shows the reality of our respective voice type, where Kaizern's voice is thorn-esque (but somehow still ectoplasm-flavoured?) and mine is earthquake-esque. I think this was the reason she wished to make us sing this song so she could detect our voice type better (voice type experiment, aw yiss~), but still...

...pffft, hahahaha. Master pls x#D

And oh, Happy 12th Anniversary, MEIKO-san. I still love your epic voice until today. :D"

- Noel Chuckstern, practising dance move with the song "Sasage Uta - hinayukki@Shigotoshite-P feat. MEIKO" inside his bedroom. This was later written behind his dry watercolour painting of BoBoiBoy Halilintar (Thunderstorm) during MEIKO's 12th Anniversary (November 5th, 2016).

5. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Fannoirletima's Stash File #3 - Grandfather's Clock (Japanese ver.)

• Original producer ||| Henry Clay Work (original English version), Ken Hirai (Japanese version)
    • UST file creator ||| Cien (http://utau-dreams.webs.com/downloads.htm)
    • Singer ||| Fannoirletima (Kaiserine Sympherianne and Noel Chuckstern)
    The third audio file from "Fannoirletima's Stash File" collection. Since there is no official instrumental file for the song, I decided to use the fanmade one.

"May 13th, 2016. The day our creator called Noel and I for a new mission - to make the cover version of "Grandfather's Clock (Japanese ver.)" song using our voice. We never heard the song before, so Noel decided to make a few research about it, and guess what?

Both original English and Japanese version of the song is simply lovely and melancholy. We feel that the clock itself might have consciousness connected with its original owner and when he passed away, such connection vanished like that without any warning. Sounds subliminal and mysterious to me, but I don't know about Noel. Unfortunately, we only found the handmade instrumental audio but at least it was still nice-sounding to us."

- Kaiserine Sympherianne, reading a few books written by Agatha Christie in the library. This was later written in her private notebook in December 7th, 2016.

6. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Fannoirletima's Stash File #4 - Shine ~instrumental style~

• Original song link ||| Niconico link
    • Original singer ||| KAITO
    • Original producer ||| hinayukki@仕事してP
    • MIDI file creator ||| smellslikegod (Youtube link)
    • Singer ||| Fannoirletima (Kaiserine Sympherianne and Noel Chuckstern)
    The fourth audio file from "Fannoirletima's Stash File" collection. Since I was lazy to make "Shine" UST file with the original MIDI as reference source, I decided to make Kaizern/Kaiserine and Noel sing as if they are musical instruments. Even I use chorus effect on Cockos REAPER to make the cover song.

"Our creator was just getting weird nowadays. She asked us to act like...musical instruments? At least it worked, though. The original song (Shine) by Shigotoshite-P is still lovely to us as well. And oh, our new, crimson-eyed neighbour, Thunderstein Fountaine is even participating us in our tea party.

He has somewhat similar appearance to BoBoiBoy Halilintar (Thunderstorm) except his hair is all brown, and did we mention that he is a 24-year-old professional Vresiltivian singer-songwriter who is all friendly and nice, rarely angry but is afraid of seeing blood, dislikes red but likes indigo (both bright and dark-toned), can speak in a few languages, a fan of kaoling and Miriam Stockley...and he can cook and draw very well?"

- Noel Chuckstern, making a few chocolate biscuits for the tea party. This was later written in his sticky notepad in January 1st, 2017.

7. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: anoi isál yu mlál feat. Noel Chuckstern

"anoi isál yu mlál" (Your Hand and Mine) is purely done in Lystrialle's conlang. This cover is exclusively made for Noel Chuckstern's 3rd anniversary. Even some parts of Noel's outfit used here were inspired by ayzfarr's female version of BoBoiBoy Gempa (Earthquake) - BoBoiBoy belongs to Animonsta Studios/monsta (https://www.youtube.com/user/monsta).

NOTE: "vieta se ishnel, querillem na viteheya" in the background means "despite his flaws, the earth bard will keep singing to you" in my own hanamogera. While ayzfarr isn't a part of UTAU community, she is certainly a talented artist indeed! Please check her beautiful artworks if you wish: http://ayzfarr.deviantart.com/

8. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Yuragi feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

Support me here (optional): http://fannoirletima.tumblr.com/donate

[hr]

9. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Invisible - Kaiserine Sympherianne feat. Isaki Hanamori

[hr]

partial likes this.
  10. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Ibis feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]

11. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Tairin/Dairin no Hana feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne (redux ver)

[hr]
    The cover song that is redone with not-so-epic, minimal tuning and edits to celebrate Kaiserine Sympherianne's fifth anniversary and +700 plays for her old cover version with the same song on tmbox.net on April 3rd in this year. Since it was BoBoiBoy Water's birthday at the same date, I've decided to draw him in the cover art as well.

partial likes this.
  12. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Watashi no R feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]
    Basically a seemingly happy song (slightly melancholic as well) with dissonant lyrics, as the whole lyrics contain suicide, depression and abuse mentions. I decided to make its cover version after I got influenced by one of my favourite multifandom artist's depressing life moments back then, which could lead to suicide (I'm glad she's still alive until today, though).

partial likes this.
  13. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Suteki da ne feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]

This is purely done as a part of my experiment to see if traditional cover art can be the alternative to digital cover art done using mouse...although the gradient doesn't work for colour pencils xD

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Fannoirletima's Stash File #5 - A Compilation of Cover Song Preview

Basically a compilation of finished cover songs whose cover artworks for each song aren’t exist yet.

While it’s true that I can be faster at mixing cover songs on Cockos REAPER software, I always see any cover song done by me, as incomplete, mostly because it’s always the mouse that gives me extreme liability (Despite this, I still love using it. I just need to spend more free time while using it, though.), making the whole cover art production rate slower than what I expected - despite the fact that I always wish for faster cover art production rate. Looks like it’s difficult to skip cover art part because it is somehow a standard/trend within overseas UTAU community…? I don’t know.

To make it worse, I always have to focus on house chores because my parents ask me to do so everyday, and this is what makes me stressed easily in these days since I want to get it faster. Unless I got a graphic tablet for myself (will not happen due to monetary problems), each cover art will take days, weeks and even months to be finished. Stay tuned for latest cover songs in the future.

[hr]

Here is the preview for each upcoming cover song. More crediting information (including the UST file creator part) will be disclosed ONLY after I got the cover art and video done later.

1. Kami no Manimani
    2. Jiyuu o Utau Kaze
    3. Yue Xi Jiang
    4. Gekokujou (Kan)
    5. Homura-hime
    6. Stories of God of Death Without Scythe
    7. Love is War (Mwk remix)
    8. Rinascita
    9. Mushikui Psychedelism
    10. Last Night Good Night
    11. To Aru Ryuu
    12. Drop Pop Candy
    13. Happy Synthesizer
    14. Setsugetsuka (Song of Connecting Moon)

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  15. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Aizome ~ Futakomori feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]
    "Aizome ~ Futakomori" is the composer's (Savage Genius') self-cover version of the original song (Aizome), which is sung by Mamiko Noto. Both of these versions are unique in their own style, however. Not to mention this was the very first cover song made by me using Kaizern's old, crappy voicebank (permanently deleted) and I remade this again, this time using her ≫REVIVAL SE≪ voicebank.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  16. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: World is Mine feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  17. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Elieiya feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]

18. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Setsugetsuka (Song of Connecting Moon) feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

[hr]

19. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Homura-hime feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

Support me here (optional): https://ko-fi.com/fannoirletima

[hr]

20. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Kami no Manimani feat. Nanami Chika, Kaiserine Sympherianne, Prism Stars

Exclusively made for UTAU random page challenge on UTAforum.net, which is slightly humorous since it is started in November 21st, 2016 but I finished it in this year instead. Anyways, a great thank you to TankutoP for providing the instrumental for everyone's use.

[hr]

21. Lorreine Geralde

Trophy Points
    Cover song for today: Yue Xi Jiang feat. Kaiserine Sympherianne

The cover song that was supposed to be done for Lunar New Year 2017, but is recently uploaded today due to slow cover art production - the cover art (also a series crossover art) is created using mouse.

[hr]